biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on October 19, 2010
Yes, the human race is dead and we are being visited by aliens. This book is introducing us, as an extinct species, to the visitors from far away. In the process, the blue planet we lived on, all we were and what we did has been described in such a way that belittles all our achievements, such as mass destruction, environmental degradation, love for pomp and show, etc. and all our peoples and ideologies, such as tea baggers, religions, governments, etc. If the aliens visit us in the future, long after we have self destructed, it will leave a really bad picture of us for them. In my opinion, this book should be taken off the shelves pronto. We can help it by buying them off the shelves, off the warehouses and off the net. Not a single copy should be left for the aliens to read. And when you have bought your copy and contributed to this great cause, you might as well read it to laugh out at ourselves.
on December 5, 2010
This is a fantastic read for those days when you have an hour or two to spare. The humour is very familiar if you watch "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", and presents each page in true "Guide" format with issues from 'Life' to 'Society' or 'Religion' to 'Science'. If you're a fan of his show then this book is a Must-Buy, however if you don't watch Stewart or Colbert you may find the humour to be a little vain.
on January 11, 2011
This book is an easy read, except for the times you have to stop reading to wipe away the tears from laughing! I can just picture the group of writers sitting around putting this together.... I'm betting they had a blast! Only downside is that the print around the pictures is pretty small, at least for these old eyes. Must confess, I read it with a magnifying glass nearby, just so I didn't miss anything!
on February 7, 2011
What can I say about this book except that anything Jon Stewart puts his mind to is funny...and this book is funny!!!!!!!!