5.0 out of 5 stars the best cookbook I own!
Published on May 7 2011 by denise

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Wrong With Book
Did not load. Sent it back. Really wanted it but something wrong with wireless transfers.
Nothing to do with the book.
Published 12 months ago by ann macdougall

5.0 out of 5 stars the best cookbook I own!, May 7 2011
This review is from: Now Eat This! Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks Eating 6 Meals a Day! (Paperback)
I have tried many healthy recipes and have to say that this is the first recipe book where my kids will actually eat the food. Every recipe I have made so far has been great and I have lost 7 pounds! The great thing is we recognize the foods like Mac and Cheese, Brownies and my kids have no idea that they are a healthier version of their favorites. I have recommended this book to everyone and love the pictures! I live in Canada and have no trouble finding any of the ingredients. Everything is right there in the grocery store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide and great recipes, May 30 2011
This is a great book for serious "dieting". This isn't a fad diet or some no-carb nonsense. It's about eating balanced, real foods, cutting out processed foods and extra sugars and fats. The focus is on calorie cutting and reducing portion size, but increasing the frequency that you eat. It's all fairly basic in that regard (though there are some good explanations of why this is the proper way to diet for those not well versed with the science), but the book does an excellent job helping you along with it. There are some great detailed weekly meal plans and shopping lists using the book's recipes. They're great to follow if you don't want to do a lot of planning, but they also serve as a great starting point to make your own meal plans.

The recipes themselves are great. I have probably make about 1/3 of them so far, and I have no complaints for any. Yes... it is diet food. But it still feels close enough to the real thing to be something you can easily stick with. I especially appreciate how the recipes use no sugar or artificial sweeteners, and instead relies on natural sweeteners like agave nectar and stevia, which are much kinder on the body's blood glucose levels. In general though, the recipes still use "real" ingredients (beef, pork, bacon, etc) and limits the use of weird faux soy foods. There is a great mix of breakfast foods, lunches, dinners and deserts from vegetarian to beef, chicken, or fish. Calorie information is simply nicely presented along with portion information.

My only real complaint is that this book was written from the perspective of cooking for more than one person. As a single person, I find that I have to do a lot of division to keep what I cook within the portion sizes. Pretty minor complain though. Overall, this book has nothing spectacularly different diet-wise other than the basic calorie cuts (which I consider a good thing), but it's a great book of recipes and a great set of resources to get you started on something legitimately healthy. If you have the willpower and just need a little help with the work, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocco knocks it out of the park., Jan. 6 2012
I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and told to lose weight - but I LOVE TO EAT and my wife is an awesome cook.

We bought this book several months ago as part of my weight loss program. We have made many of the recipes and they have all turned out fabulous. Rocco lives up to his word. They taste fabulous and they are way down in calories and fat content.

Because many of our friends knew I was on a diet, and we were telling everyone about what a great book this was, some dinner guests were a little hesitant about they would be eating. We have served several of these recipes at dinner parties (we did not tell our guests they were eating "diet" food) and my wife got her usual rave reviews on the food.

My favorite is the garlic mashed potatoes. I LOVE potatoes - and with Rocco reducing the calories from 330 per serving to 101 and the grams of fat from 18 to 0.5 I can eat mashed potatoes free of guilt.

If you buy this Now Eat This! Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks Eating 6 Meals a Day! you may be telling everyone you know about what a great book this is - just like we do.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Wrong With Book, March 30 2013
ann macdougall (grand valley, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
Nothing to do with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Eat This!, Aug. 21 2011
Robyn Gordon (Port Hardy, BC CAN) - See all my reviews
This is a great looking book with some wonderful sounding recipes. I haven't tried any yet, but look forward to in the fall. His own personal journey and the intelligence behind the nutrition is sound, and his easy way of writing makes it very easy to follow.

ARRAY(0xb3c2615c)

Now Eat This! Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks Eating 6 Meals a Day!
CDN$ 25.99 CDN$ 16.29