1,159 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !
Great love story, makes you think a lot about life ! I saw the movie as well, even though people told me the movie is amazing, I must say that I enjoyed more the book :)
Published 5 months ago by Cristina Burcus

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the movie
I saw the movie first and I found it charming, moving and touching - I had to read the book. However, this is one of these rare instances where I have found the movie script much better than the original book. The ending if something else altogether. Definitely a let-down compared to the movie.
Published on Sept. 28 2006 by Henri Thibodeau

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, March 2 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Best love story!, Feb. 11 2014
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
Best Love story so far. The author truly knows how to write loves stories, to bring out one's emotion if one is in love, I can feel every episode of this book. I can't wait to find my true love too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Notebook, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: The Notebook (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, Nicholas Sparks books and movies are all so great, am reading The Wedding now, it's good too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Sparks knows how to write love stories, Dec 30 2013
Samreen Ahsan (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Notebook (Kindle Edition)
Mr. Sparks truly knows how to write loves stories, to bring out one's emotion if one is in love, it doesnt matter if the person is a male or a female, the romance is there everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Aug. 3 2013
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
It is a brand new book in very good confition. It was a fast and safe dilevry without problem !

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
I fell in love with the film, so i decided to buy the book. It was very nice, but i felt like there was something missing. The movie script was much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Aug. 27 2007
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
THE NOTEBOOK is the romance novel of this generation!

Ali and Noah are two very different people, or characters, depending on how you think about it. Ali is from a wealthy family that thinks very highly of themselves, and Noah was raised by his father and has had to work for every penny he has. Which is not much. The characters come alive and it is almost like you personally know both of them. It's amazing! Ali takes a vacation to New Bern where Noah lives. As the summer progresses, their relationship grows stronger and stronger and they fall in love. They fight all the time, but for some crazy reason they are madly in love.

Then the summer ends.

Noah and Ali are devastated that she has to leave. Her parents won't let her stay because they think that she is too good for him. It's absolutely devastating. He writes her letters, which she never receives because her mother intercepts and keeps them. She thinks that Noah has forgotten her.

Then World War II begins.

Noah is deployed for a couple of years and comes home when the war is over. During this time, Ali gets engaged to Lon, a lawyer who her parents approve of because he is socially acceptable. Noah buys an old plantation and fixes it up, and he and the house wind up in the newspaper. So Ali decides that she needs to go see Noah before she gets married, even though she hasn't seen him in fourteen years. At their reunion, they realize that they never fell out of love.

Read the book to find out who Ali chooses, Noah or Lon!

Reviewed by: Taylor Rector

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer read, July 16 2005
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
I was recently given three great books to read by a friend. The first was "Reading Lolita in Tehran," the second was "The Bark of the Dogwood" and finally, the third was "The Notebook." While all three couldn't be more different, they were nevertheless great reads in their own right. "The Notebook" is a story of two teenagers who fall in love one summer and how that summer changes them forever. As the reader, I related to this story because of the desire to have a love like these two people share. Their companionship, friendship, and loyalty is evident throughout the entire book and nothing is able to destroy it; not time, not distance, not even tragedy. Well-written and not too commercial, I'd highly recommend "The Notebook" along with "The Bark of the Dogwood" and "Reading Lolita."

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Good For Guys, March 22 2005
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
I was honestly surprised how touched I was by this book. I'm a guy. I'm divorced. I drink beer. I shoot hoops on the weekend. I don't go to "art films". I liked this book though. To be honest, it surprised me that I like it as much as I do. It didn't keep me up at night like "The Da Vinci Code" and "My Fractured Life" but it fully kept me coming back for more all the same. I guess what I'm saying is that it's a book guys can feel good liking too.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB GREAT BOOK, Feb. 4 2005
Louise (Terrebonne, Québec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Notebook (Mass Market Paperback)
The NOTEBOOK is a superb good book I couldn't put it down. It is a beautiful story about great love. Nicholas Sparks knows how to get to our emotions. Bravo Nicholas. I have read Message in a Bottle, A bend in the Road, The Guardian and now I'll read The Wedding. I have never been disappointed in any of your books.

The Notebook
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (Mass Market Paperback - Feb. 1 1998)
CDN$ 8.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available