Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools

Hotel Transylvania
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on November 11, 2002
I decided to read this book because a) I loved "False Dawn" by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, and b) I thought I'd try another genre other than my favorite of Urban Myth and Fairy Tales. Big mistake on both accounts. Half the book is literally explanations of what people are wearing, and I really don't care. By the time I was done reading the paragraph about what someone was wearing I had to get back into what the story was about. It was very jarring and gratuitous. I agree with another reviewer: it drags. It's supposed to be about the vampire Saint-Germain and the woman he falls in love with, but the story focuses more on these Satanic men who want to sacrifice her than the actual love story. I hate when I read a book and think Damn, if only this were edited differently or rewritten I could really love it. If you are into historical fiction, especially French historical fiction you might really like this. But I will stay with the "Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice for for the kind of vampire stories I like and can, forigive the pun, sink my teeth into.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again