Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on May 9, 2008
I picked up Karen Rose's 'Count to Ten' after noticing that someone who had bought my novel Divine Intervention also bought Count to Ten. :) Karen Rose is a new author for me and I thought I should check her out since she's also writing about a deadly arsonist. I was hoping it would keep me up all night, maybe give me nightmares. And I wasn't disappointed.

Since recent posts here go into plot and I don't want to rehash it, I'll say that Rose's characters ring true. They are multi-dimensional in humor and spirit. The relationships between the characters will sometimes frustrate, but will definitely make you remember them.

I have to give this 5/5 stars. Count to Ten is a fast read, a great read for the car or a trip...and a great escape. The scenes are vivid and gruesome; the romance sizzles! And the main protagonist Mia Mitchell is admirable. Very reminiscent of Kay Hooper's series!

Now I'll have to go back and read the preceding novels. Thanks, Karen! :)

~ Cheryl Kaye Tardif