5.0 out of 5 stars Another Wonderful Love Story
If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan like I am you will not be disapointed by his novel "True Believer". Love and sparks fly for the hero and heroine. Generous story line and believable characters make this book perfect. You have got to read it.
Also point out- Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart (Contemporary romance genre)
Published on April 19 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of my favorites....
Published on May 1 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Wonderful Love Story, April 19 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
Also point out- Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart (Contemporary romance genre)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Feb. 14 2006
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
A fabulous novel that I had a hard time putting down. Of course I feel that way anout many of the works done by Nicholas Sparks. He is brilliant in his prose. I also enjoyed Fire In The Ice/Katlyn Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars How Love Blooms, July 12 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
The charming story of how love can bloom - sometimes in the most exciting ways. The big city star and the small town girl. Will he go to small town life and leave science and fame behind for her love? Will she turn her back on her family and leave the comforts of home for the overwhelming hustle and bustle of the city. Can love conquer all? Nicholas Sparks is simply a wonderful author. I also recommend "Three Weeks With My Brother", "The Notebook", "My Fractured Life", and "Sam's Letters to Jennifer."

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp, Clear, and 5 Stars, July 18 2005
Charles Linsor (Hot Springs Village) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
"True Believer" earns Five Stars in my ratings book. The writing is crisp and clear. The characters are easily related to and easy to root for. The plot is simple yet compelling. The emotions are strong. The drama is high. The emotional investment is high. You won't be disappointed. I strongly recommend "True Believer." Also recommended high in my ratings book: "The Notebook", "Three Weeks With My Brother", "The Time Traveler's Wife", "The Broker", and "My Fractured Life."

4.0 out of 5 stars Great solid book, May 21 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
TRUE BELIEVER is a really great book---you'll probably especially enjoy it on the beach this summer. The premise of this book somewhat reminded me of another that I recently came across and loved: BARK OF THE DOGWOOD. Both books deal with a New Yorker going to some place else (the south in both cases) on a mission. But once there they both find more than they bargained for. I do have to say that the Sparks book was much more accessible and easy to read. While I loved them both, I'm been N. Sparks fan from way back. Jeremy Marsh is the main character in this latest Sparks novel, and his background in journalism and his interests make him a fascinating character enough without the journey to a small North Carolina town being thrown in. But it all works wonderfully and whether you like Mr. Spark's novels or not, there's NO WAY you'll want to miss this one. It's really more along the lines of a good Grisham novel than his usual fare. Highly recommended to book lovers of all genres. Also recommended: MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet, April 16 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
The premise of this book somewhat reminded me of another that I recently came across and loved: Bark of the Dogwood. Both books deal with a New Yorker going to some place else (the south in both cases) on a mission. But once there they both find more than they bargained for. I do have to say that the Sparks book was much more acessible and easy to read. While I loved them both, I'm been N. Sparks fan from way back. Jeremy Marsh is the main character in this latest Sparks novel, and his background in journalism and his interests make him a fascinating character enough without the journey to a small North Carolina town being thrown in. But it all works wonderfully and whether you like Mr. Spark's novels or not, there's NO WAY you'll want to miss this one. It's really more along the lines of a good Grisham novel than his usual fare. Highly recommended to book lovers of all genres.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, April 19 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
Mysterious lights appear in an ancient gothic style cemetery and Jeremy Marsh, science journalist is there to check it out. Diviner Doris McClellan thinks the lights are related to a curse and sends her grand daughter Lexie along with Jeremy as a tour guide. As he strives to uncover the mystery of the eerie lights, he falls in love with Lexie. A good book, great characters and dialog, and an easy read.
Reviewed by Janet Sue Terry, author of the contemporary romance, "Set Me Free" series Possibilities and Resolutions. President of Just My best Book Publishing Company. www.janetsueterry.com.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good romance...not as good as the notebook though!, Dec 15 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
The female lead in this book annoyed me...but the story line was very interresting! I love anything mystical, and this had both a ghost story and a Psychic in it. I wish that the Psychic angle had been explored a bit more...I think that that would have been very intriguing, but he probably didn't want to turn non-believers off.
I bought this while on vacation in Mexico and paid double the cost for it at the hotels gift shop (still worth it)...I read it in 3 days. Overall a good story, it kept my attention...I give it 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of my favorites...., May 1 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
I look foward to all of Nicholas Sparks' books and buy them in hardcover as soon as I can. Even though I liked it ok, "True Believer" is definitely not one of my favorites. There's something missing in this book that's in his other books - especially his earlier ones. I don't think I can explain it though, but I think big Nicholas Sparks' fans would know what I'm talking about.....

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as Others, May 12 2005
This review is from: True Believer (Hardcover)
I have read almost all of his books and so far this one was my least favorite. I found the first 1/2 of the book was rather boring. I felt like saying "get to the point". I have to admit that I skimmed over the majority of the beginning of it. I found there was too much details about things that didnt' matter terribly. But once the story got going it was a decent storyline.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

True Believer
True Believer by Nicholas Sparks (Mass Market Paperback - March 1 2007)
CDN$ 9.00 CDN$ 8.55