5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good the second time around

Published on June 1 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good the second time around, Aug. 8 2011
SIS (Wainfleet, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I read this book many years ago when it first came out. Now that the latest book "The Tenth Insight" has been released l decided that l would start over at the beginning of the series and read it once again and l am glad that l have done so. What a nice surprise this was for me. I can see that l have changed my outlook from when l first read this book. So it is just as good the second time around but for totally different reasons. Anyone who enjoys reading books that talk about how we are evolving into a new spirituality will enjoy this book. Even though it is fiction the basis of the book is based on truth about how human kind is evolving into a new way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of relief in a soffocating world, Sept. 5 2002
Tony Bernardo (Silver Spring,MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The Celestine Prophecy is not the best novel ever written, in fact to some it may seem hookie. What was great about this book, and in my opinion any book, was that it helped me grasp many of the ideas that had been swimming around in my head but could not be put into a working formula. Its one of those books that makes you say "yeah, I knew that, but I couldn't find the words." As the story unfolds so do aspects of the reader's self. Each chapter, or insight, revealed something new about who I was and who I wanted to be.
Many of the ideas discussed in this book are nothing new. They are at the core of many eastern philosophies and are heavily influenced by mysticism. But who cares! Each interpretation of these ideas is in its own way unique. Its like listening to a radio station that plays a certain jeanra of music: each song has a common feel and yet each has its own personality.
All in all, it may not be a literary masterpiece but The Celestine Prophecy is a must read. It will move you in places that have been forgotten, ignored, or that have been suffocoated by the monotonies of western culture and idealogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will help guide you, June 22 2011
S. Jager - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The only other books that have brought me into a space of deep reflection, honest contemplation and true discipline are from Carlos Castenada.
James Redfield writes in the way that allows readers to implement the message - without knowing it. It does not violate free will with that ability...but if you agree, if you remember that there is something greater to your life, to your purpose here and if you've ever asked yourself if there is more to your life - then it will impact you in the deepest of ways.
There is nothing hokey or cheesy or condescending about his writing.
He is articulate, thoughtful, conscientious and respectful. His writing flows. The subject matter flows. The imagery grows and grows and you may find yourself becoming that adventurer, that searcher, researcher etc. that you thought you'd always be...your life will open up. The meaning of your life will seem explained - not in a mathematical formula style or a how-to book style...but the intuitive nature, the whisperings that seem to have guided you; this book will allow you to feel normal, to be connected with those whisperings and feel confident in coincidences and welcome your gut feelings to take the lead rather than fall humilated in the background of a flat, unrealized existence.

2.0 out of 5 stars Geographically inaccurate, June 1 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The book is not that bad and the insight stuff is actually interesting but I couldn't take anything serious in this book because I realize the author never bother to visit Peru. If he ever visited Perú he coudn't have say that he arrived to Machu Pichu by car, that's impossible!! Also, the author does not describe accurately any of the places visited in the book, and the distances between places are impossible. And the worst thing of all: he actually said that the Mayas were in Peru!! Totally wrong!!! The INCAS, not the MAYAS were the ones living in Peru thousands of years ago!! (the Mayan empire extended from central america to the south of Mexico). Could the autor at least have done the minimun research so not to insult the reader??? And what about that EVERYONE in Peru just happen to speak english? In the interior of Peru, people speaks QUECHUA, not spanish, how come they will be able to speak and understand english?? I can continue complaining but what's the point? Everything seems just fake...Sorry...

5.0 out of 5 stars This story deserves to be read and remembered, Jan. 2 2012
David Sabine (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I read this book in my early 20s. I was deeply effected and I'm sure it has influence my personal philosophy as I've grown older.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good message,but....., Nov. 20 2012
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I'm all about positive thinking, the secret, energy and all that jazz, so this book was right up my alley. However I was bored. At first i thought it was because this idea wasn't entirely new to me, so it wasn't a mind blowing realization. But no, it was just because it fell short. I didn't even finish it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, May 10 2004
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
My mate Derick recommended this book. He said it was good, so I bought it. Its okay. Its not great, it's just okay. Derick likes broccoli and peas, mind, which I don't like. So I suppose we have different tastes. Yes. That explains it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the message, but not a big fan of the story, Sept. 22 2013
Karl - Tiny Thought Guy (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
One of the all time success stories for new age/spiritual growth books, even with it originally being self-published. This book went from obscurity to becoming a widely read and recognized books in this category.

The book is based on an adventure to find an ancient manuscript, found in Peru, that outlines nine key insights that humankind will go through during our spiritual evolution. Although the story is interesting, it didn't grab me because I am not a big "fiction" enthusiast and I found the most important part of the book to be in the "underlying" insights. I do believe that these insights can benefit the reader who is on a spiritual quest.

As far as my rating for this book, I would give the information 5 stars, the fiction aspect of the book wasn't my preference though, so I rated it a little lower.

All that being said, I believe that "The Celestine Prophecy" is still worth reading, or if you just want the "nuts and bolts" you might prefer the "The Celestine Prophecy Experiential Guide" as I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all, July 4 2004
Raquel R. Goussot (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
Ive just read alot of the reviews on this page, and was surpired by the way they describe the book and its prose. I actually thought the book was very good, I really liked it and found it quite insightful. It got me thinking about alot of things, and I feel as if I learned something new. Im ony 16 years old, and I havent read much on the subject, so I have nothing to compare this book to, but I would recomend that you read it.
As for Jeremy Floyd, you did a good job letting us all know how intelligent and what an intellectual you are. I dont say that with the intention to criticize, I just think you came off a bit like a pretentious genius.
Anyhow, read the book and see what you think, you might like it and take my side, or you might not and take Jeremy's side. Im now moving on to a different book, Hermann Hesse's "Demian". When I finish it I will write a review for it based on my ignorant points of view on the subject, but then again, weren't we all ignorant and 16 at some point in our lives?

4.0 out of 5 stars An Energized Adventure, May 12 2004
G. M. Flach "jerry33" (Haledon, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I'd put this book on the other end of the bell curve as compared with Deepak Chopra's "Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire;" they both in essence speak to the same message, one a very simply written, allegorical fiction, the other a rather complex read. (see that Amazon review.)
It's the message that counts! We are all connected. We must realize this connectiveness that extends to the energy of the universe and includes the forests that we are quickly eliminating because we cannot see this connection with our eyes. The answer to peace is to seek it from within and utilize the remaining bits of nature to help show us the way as the character in this book does. I will continue to believe in the power of human potential for constructive rather than destructive greatness and you can too by examining your own contributions or detractions from the whole.
Even for me this story line is arguably a bit far fetched but it still echoes the dangerous patterns of behavior that lead us humans the wrong direction and offers some solutions on the journey that you may have heard before but maybe this time it will stick (like eat your vegetables for energy!)
This book is worth the very quick read that it affords, to see what insights you might garner, or just to stop for a moment under a shady tree, read and drink in the energy, before you continue on the adventure of life!

The Celestine Prophecy
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (Paperback - Sept. 1 1995)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.39