5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good the second time around
Published on Aug. 8 2011 by SIS

2.0 out of 5 stars Good message,but.....
I'm all about positive thinking, the secret, energy and all that jazz, so this book was right up my alley. However I was bored. At first i thought it was because this idea wasn't entirely new to me, so it wasn't a mind blowing realization. But no, it was just because it fell short. I didn't even finish it.
Published 17 months ago by AEL

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good the second time around, Aug. 8 2011
SIS (Wainfleet, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I read this book many years ago when it first came out. Now that the latest book "The Tenth Insight" has been released l decided that l would start over at the beginning of the series and read it once again and l am glad that l have done so. What a nice surprise this was for me. I can see that l have changed my outlook from when l first read this book. So it is just as good the second time around but for totally different reasons. Anyone who enjoys reading books that talk about how we are evolving into a new spirituality will enjoy this book. Even though it is fiction the basis of the book is based on truth about how human kind is evolving into a new way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This story deserves to be read and remembered, Jan. 2 2012
David Sabine (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I read this book in my early 20s. I was deeply effected and I'm sure it has influence my personal philosophy as I've grown older.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of relief in a soffocating world, Sept. 5 2002
Tony Bernardo (Silver Spring,MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The Celestine Prophecy is not the best novel ever written, in fact to some it may seem hookie. What was great about this book, and in my opinion any book, was that it helped me grasp many of the ideas that had been swimming around in my head but could not be put into a working formula. Its one of those books that makes you say "yeah, I knew that, but I couldn't find the words." As the story unfolds so do aspects of the reader's self. Each chapter, or insight, revealed something new about who I was and who I wanted to be.
Many of the ideas discussed in this book are nothing new. They are at the core of many eastern philosophies and are heavily influenced by mysticism. But who cares! Each interpretation of these ideas is in its own way unique. Its like listening to a radio station that plays a certain jeanra of music: each song has a common feel and yet each has its own personality.
All in all, it may not be a literary masterpiece but The Celestine Prophecy is a must read. It will move you in places that have been forgotten, ignored, or that have been suffocoated by the monotonies of western culture and idealogy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good message,but....., Nov. 20 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars It will help guide you, June 22 2011
S. Jager - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The only other books that have brought me into a space of deep reflection, honest contemplation and true discipline are from Carlos Castenada.
James Redfield writes in the way that allows readers to implement the message - without knowing it. It does not violate free will with that ability...but if you agree, if you remember that there is something greater to your life, to your purpose here and if you've ever asked yourself if there is more to your life - then it will impact you in the deepest of ways.
There is nothing hokey or cheesy or condescending about his writing.
He is articulate, thoughtful, conscientious and respectful. His writing flows. The subject matter flows. The imagery grows and grows and you may find yourself becoming that adventurer, that searcher, researcher etc. that you thought you'd always be...your life will open up. The meaning of your life will seem explained - not in a mathematical formula style or a how-to book style...but the intuitive nature, the whisperings that seem to have guided you; this book will allow you to feel normal, to be connected with those whisperings and feel confident in coincidences and welcome your gut feelings to take the lead rather than fall humilated in the background of a flat, unrealized existence.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Celestine Prophecy, March 21 2008
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The Celestine Prophecy is one of my favorite classic spiritual fiction journeys. The book follows the personal growth of one man as he follows a mysterious query about an ancient manuscript. An old friend happens to drop by and tells him about an ancient Peruvian manuscript dating back to 600 BC. This relic tells of a shift in the mind thought of the world starting at the end of the 20th century. The key to this shift are nine insights that must be gained, understood, and integrated into the mind and lives of individuals.

Intrigued by the possibilities, the main character travels to Peru in hopes of finding out more about this mystery. With no real direction or plan, at each step he is helped along by coincidence and others following the same quest. Along the way, he also learns about himself, his connection to the universe, and his part in this evolutionary process.

1.0 out of 5 stars Starts weak, gets worse, ends totally embarassing, Sept. 29 1997
By A Customer
I had high hopes for this book since I have always enjoyed thought-provoking fiction but was I ever let down! I kept giving it one more chance, thinking it would pick up or turn around but it kept getting worse. Towards the end I had to stop the tape a few times out of embarrassment for the author. I was glad I was listening alone in my car so no one could see or hear that I was actually listening to this drivel. The fact that apparently millions have bought this must be an indicator of how shallow and mentally vapid our society has become.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., May 16 1996
By A Customer
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Hardcover)
The only thing good I got out of this book were quick sleeps. Couldn't wait to put it down

1.0 out of 5 stars Interesting patterns, Sept. 10 2001
Hob (Coincidence, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
The Celestine Prophecy book is certainly an interesting book. I read it cover to cover, not skimming, and made mental note of each of the author's Insights. The first Insight, basically, is that coincidences are meaningful, and are happening more often, especially to those aware of and open to them.
I began to notice coincidences very quickly - first the main character met someone who told him Insight one, but only knew the first Insight. Then, the main character met someone who told him Insight two, but they only knew the first two insights. Then, the main character met someone who told him Insight three, but she only knew the first three insights. Wow!
Another interesting coincidence is that many people encountered by the main character speak in the same patterns - they are verbose, patient, kind and many of them explain their part of understanding of the Insights to the main character with the words: "Think about it...". After the fourth "Think about it" it gets a little weary.
Moving outside the book to the reviews, many people encountered by this person speak in the same patterns. A large majority of those who speak glowingly of the book have frequent spelling or grammar errors. A large majority of the people who hate the book have very little spelling errors and use longer and less-common words. More interesting coincidences.
A previous review said: "The book wasn't meant to have perfect english; if it did that it would be dry and boring." Umm, no. Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History Of Time" and "The Poky Little Puppy" are both written in perfect English. To be written in perfect English does not necessarily mean that it will go over your head or will be dry and boring - at least one hopes so.
Many positive reviews (by coincidence) have said to ignore the writing, though, and focus instead on the underlining message. These messages, as stated by many reviews previous, are simplistic and not original. The movie "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure", to go to an extreme, had perhaps not the best writing, but contained the Insight: "Be excellent to each other". One would hardly take the opposite view, would you?
To close, as this is basically me getting some thoughts of the book off my chest and being review 580+ only the seriously dedicated or bored will read this anyway, thank you for reading this far.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still not too excited, March 16 2014
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I read this book when it first came out and wasn't inspired by it. Over the years, several people have mentioned it to me, so I thought I'd buy another copy and see if I missed anything. Although I work in the spiritual/self-help/healing domain, I still find the book a nice fairy tale that tries too hard. That being said, it might be just the thing to start someone on their spiritual journey - we each have to find our own mentors - so it if appeals to you, go for it.

ARRAY(0xaefaff90)

The Celestine Prophecy
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (Paperback - Sept. 1 1995)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27