5.0 out of 5 stars The 10th Insight ~AN EXPERIENTIAL GUIDE~not 10 Insight novel
Published on Jan. 26 2001 by Joel Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars The landslide is over - but a few rocks are still rolling.
Published on July 6 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars The 10th Insight ~AN EXPERIENTIAL GUIDE~not 10 Insight novel, Jan. 26 2001
Joel Brown (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Paperback)
What we have here is a theistic, optimistic, and spiritual book with a New Age coloring. This deals a lot with synchronicities, and has had a profound effect on my life since synchronicities are something that I experience first hand, frequently. I recommend this book whether or not you believe it as a whole. You don't need to, it still will be beneficial. ( I don't believe everything it advocates) To the stubborn skeptic, it might be a little to much to swallow, but as long as you have encountered synchronicity or serendipity... this book will be enjoyed. It will only be worthless to the nihilist. Why do I give it 5 stars though? Was it really that brilliant? No, but unlike some books that are merely valuable as food for thought, this is food for life. It can be directly applied to where you stand now. Perhaps 'soul food' is the proper term. You will not read this by accident, and you will learn that nothing is an accident. Without getting into its minor beliefs, I agree with the ultimate implied message that the book purports:
The meaning of life is simply, love
It emphasizes our need to generate loving energy unto all beings, and search for the genuine meaning in our lives, through prayer and synchronistic events. It speaks a bit about analyzing synchronicities and their context, similar to interpreting dreams. There is alot of fascinating info about things like dreams, and sacred sites. There is much writing about the Afterlife. The book teaches reincarnation, Birth Vision, and the idea that your Afterlife is created by what you believe it will be while on earth. (That concept continues to confuse me!) They deny literal existences of Hell, Devils, and Judgement. These are only to be viewed as metaphors. We can transform our negative side through our heart with positive light. It even contains a chapter about Work and Business, how we can use these as spiritual relationships and oppurtunities through changes. The chapters end with individual and group work, this will probably be where the book directly helps or influences you the greatest. The author has great methods of analyzing our life and the big picture.
The vision is here, we must realize it. As I said it doesn't really degrade this books value if you don't believe in NDE's, reincarnation, or whatever. I believe there is alot of good here for us all. I don't think I should get into more detail, if you are interested at all, open your mind to this work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Open your HEART AND MIND.........., May 27 2004
By A Customer
I don't want to get into an extensive review so I will say this........This is a WONDERFUL book for anyone on its LEVEL! If you are struggling everyday with your exsistance most of you WILL have a problem following or feeling what is written........But most have to have in my opinion a STRONG SPRITUAL CONNECTION WITH ONES SELF AND THE WORLD AROUND YOU to truely understand and follow. I urge you all to dive in and feel the connection but at your own RISK!!!! PEACE AND BLESSINGS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the first!, July 1 2003
This review is from: The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Paperback)
Just like the first, using fiction to keep the reader's focus to teach that we are our thoughts and what we think, we attract, positive or negative. That we truly can accomplish anything if we keep our focus on it with without worries or doubts. Should it not work out, deal with it then, don't worry about something that hasn't happened & might never will, you will only tire yourself out. Being kind to others does reap rewards immediatly through them enjoying your presence (which makes you feel good) and can give you more information you need in your life even if you only speak for five minutes. Even if you only talk for one moment to say pleasantries, hearing them back makes you feel good that your presence is acknowledged and respected to be wished a good life, and will help you to heal yourself through your throughts & heal your body by feeling good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Somebody hand this man a medal!!!, Dec 11 2002
Could he be anymore genius? James Redfield is on of the most amazing authors yet! Those who have judged wrong of this book in the past should reconsider. I can honestly say, without praising this man too much, that I as a young reader have been inspired and touched by The Tenth Insight! When I first began to read this book, I was kind of sceptical, as it seemed to be a "religious book", but as I continued my search into the book, a whole new aspect of life had come into view. For a human being alone to have thought of this inspirational book, I find to be highly unlikely. But then again, the evidence has been placed right before me and I now see that it is possible. I remember at one point of the book, my jaw actually dropped in amazment. I had never taken any of this into thought before. I literally refused to stop reading the book and stayed up for hours, analizing every line of this fantastic masterpiece. I hope that anyone who may come across this comment, to take it to serious consideration because I know that I myself have never received so much aspect on life from one book. I too can say this has changed it dramatically and would definetly reccomend this to anyone who may be facing any difficulties in their lives, because if it has touched this many people, it will definetly affect you.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you read just one review, please read this one, Nov. 21 2001
Stewart (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Paperback)
There are soooo many things to say about this book - where can I start? I read the Celestine Prophesy (the prequel) because it was recommended by a friend. I was, by my nature, slightly suspicious of it but I suspended disbelief. In hindsight its hard not to notice the obvious symbolism in the first chapter (ie: the author representing the reader, reluctant to believe and building affinity with the reader, but trusting his friend - who represents the book - and who the author learns over time to trust and believe) and didnt even let in any cynicism with the overuse of repetition (aka Neuro-linguistic Reprogramming). Why did I do this? Well, I like my friend. Plus the "insights" are easy to believe if you <want> to believe them. It's easy to see how they are reflected in today's western society. OK so there's no proof that this is based on an ancient Peruvian manuscript, and I suppose Redfield <could> have written it a few years back just to make a bit of money and conveniently written the story to have all the evidence confiscated but ... well you have to give the benefit of the doubt every now and then, right?
So then I read the Tenth Insight. How obvious can you be? It's not so much his lack of writing ability that bothers me, he's not pretending to be a skilled author, but the fact that Redfield is exploiting people who need reassurance, people who are unhappy with their lives and need something to hope for.
Think about all of the flaws in his story... One small example: he says that animals are here to remind us of something we learned when we evolved through them. So tell me - when did humans ever evolve from hawks? from rabbits or cats? His "logic" is littered with gaping inaccuracies and holes.
If you aren't convinced yet, please ask yourself one question: if his purpose is to bring these "insights" into the world and raise human awareness, why does he make people pay for them? Why doesn't he put it on the internet and make it free to everyone?

3.0 out of 5 stars The landslide is over - but a few rocks are still rolling., July 6 1998
By A Customer
The TENTH insight!? Don't make the mistake of writing this book off JUST because it comes on the coat-tails of it's highly successful precursor. Admittedly it doesn't have the pathos of Joseph Heller's "Catch 22" or the passion and insight of "Jesus of Nazareth and the Missing Years" by Richard Patton. What it does have, is its finger on the pulse of the present consciousness that asks "What more is there? This can't be all there is"? Celestine prophecy has already become a prisoner of its own success, but for good reason. It is a finger that points at some profound truths. For people that haven't had access or interest in 'Newage' belief systems, this book is a great Reader's Digest. It, more perhaps than any other book before it, has made 'spiritual' an openly used word and concept. If it were only for this, it would be worth reading. The naivety of the writing is what makes it so accessible to the general public and therefore a great opener for people who might otherwise dismiss the word 'spiritual' from their daily language. Not as good as it's parent book but still interesting reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sequel Jinx, Nov. 11 1997
By A Customer
I read The Celestine Prophesy in three hours. I read The Tenth Insight in three months. It took me longer to open the book once I had closed it than it was to read War and Peace. I appreciated many of the simple ways the author, in Celestine, tried to explain the ancient beliefs of the Christians, Hindus, Zen Masters and Buddhists through the now popular phrase "New Age". I even appreciated the "action", "suspense" and ending of Celestine. But when it came to revealing the tenth insight in The Tenth Insight, running out of gas is an understatement. The discussion on "A-life-unexamined-is-not-worth- living-cum-karma-cum-past-life-regression" is too contrived. Not at all "coincidental" as in Celestine. Wil's character comes in and out to intervene like a guardian angel, but guardian angel he's not. He's more like a distant observer who helps out the protagonist so that the story may continue without any hitches...classic deux ex machina. The book tried too hard to describe heaven and hell that it lost the path to the spiritual road it promised in Celestine. This is one of the worst sequels I've read.

5.0 out of 5 stars No better word than EXCELLENT to describe this great book, Sept. 9 1997
By A Customer
Ever notice when something comes to challange the established order or status quo that dozens of critics whose toes have been stepped on come out of the wood works.
Many people criticize this book and the Celestine Prophecy because they just aren't spiritually developed enough to understand it(see my review on the Celestine Prophecy). Now, they'll evolve when their time comes.
This book expands on the nine insights and goes deeper into the spiritual aspect. As a new age spiritualist, this book talks about what we "preach" all the time, the world is moving into a global transformation towards a spiritually and morally developed planet(contrary to our present situation). This book explains the process. Those that criticize this book are the same ones envolved in "the fear"(read this book for more details) and don't accept the changes that are to come. If you think the Celestine Prophecy changed your life, this book will help to give you direction in a spiritual path devoid of religion and dogmas, and pointing the way to God and it's kingdom within you( just like Jesus Christ said). READ, STUDY, DIGEST, AND APPLY THE INFORMATION ON THIS BOOK, AND YOU WON'T REGRET IT. As for the critics, don't worry even you guys will have your chance to eventually understand all these spiritual matters and then you'll be able not only to understand this book, but also witness the beauty of the spiritual world. READ AND STUDY IT, AND THEN JUDGE FOR YOURSELF!

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable that crap like this was published again!, Feb. 13 1997
By A Customer
OK let's face it, the Celestine Prophecy was poorly written and silly but had a bit to offer if you wanted a new way to look at life. Now Redfield has written a sequel to his so called "genius" first book. I was unfortunate enough to buy a copy of The Tenth Insight and I am not too happy that I did. If you thought CP was poorly written wait till you get this one! The plot is even more silly and the whole book is full of images I think could only be described as drug induced. The whole point is that they are searching for the tenth insight an insight that has never been written that each must "uncover themselves" come on already! Redfield needs to get over himself and realize that while he may have a valuable way to look at life the fact is he is a miserable failure as a writer. It would have been much easier to write these supposed "insights" point by point on half a page in a newspaper and frankly I think it would have been much more entertaining

5.0 out of 5 stars The second best book I've ever read..., April 6 1997
By A Customer
James Redfield, in The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight, has given us the greatest gift we could hope to receive...the meaning of life. Those who doubt the truth and validity of the insights are simply not ready to accept the changes to come. Redfield's books have changed thousands of lives, and given spiritual awareness to many previously-professed atheists/agnostics.

If you only read these books for the excitement of the "adventure," you will be entertained, at the very least.

In my opinion, any reader will stop and contemplate life more than they had previously. That makes every reader more conscious, which raises our collective consciousness! (One step at a time...)

I negate the accusations of "commercialism" in reference to Mr. Redfield or his work. His contribution to society is worth much more than any amount he could earn.

James Redfield's works have been the turning point of my life. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision
The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision by James Redfield (Paperback - Dec 1 1998)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00