biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools

on January 9, 2004
I have probably read every book on the subject of male infant circumcision. So, in Fleiss' and Hodges' book I was expecting a repeat of the usual information. I am delighted to say I was wrong; and, I learned a lot, too.
This book presents the truth about non-therapeutic circumcision in a straight forward and easy to read fashion. Whether you are a parent questioning circumcision, a survivor wanting to know more about your body, or a human rights activist needing a solid background of information, I highly recommend this book. It has become the first book I suggest people read on the subject. Dan Bollinger, Executive Director, International Coalition for Genital Integrity [...]
on March 16, 2003
All children -- boys and girls alike -- deserve to keep their genitalia the way nature intended. I have the utmost respect and praise for Dr. Fleiss and this book. He clearly outlines the history and hysteria behind this unnecessary, painful surgery, and details the numerous reasons to leave your sons whole, intact, and uncircumcised. We've all heard the "myths" of why circumcision should be performed; now it is time to hear the truth of why it shouldn't. If you only read one book while pregnant, this should be it.
on October 15, 2002
This book is the most comprehensive and up-to-date source for information on the facts surrounding male infant circumcision. It explains in clear language the harm done to the circumcised individual and dispels the myths still surrounding this outdated ritual. Written by a Jewish doctor and a medical historian, it even serves to dispel the myth that circumcision is a covenant with God for the Jewish people. This book is a major step in the eventual outlawing of this barbaric torture performed in the USA on over a million of our newborns each year. This book should be required reading for every expectant parent, doctor, medical school student and health care professional.
on September 23, 2002
From the first chapter, I was very impressed with the tone and scholarship of the book. The authors presented the facts clearly and without al lot of medical jargon or political agenda. I read the book in one sitting and was so impressed I reordered ten more copies for friends and family. I even gave one to my doctor who surprised me by promising to read it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2002
Great book! Much information, but in a concise, easy-to-read and "user-friendly" format. There is no sensationalism either- no photos of circumcisions, horror stories or the like. Just plain facts on the how's and why's of circumcision. The authors are a pediatrician with 30 years experience, and a historian (Doctor of Philosophy from Oxford) with a special interest in 19th Century medicine. An excellent book for expecting parents, and those who just want to delve into the history of a practice which is often done without much forethought as to "why?". I would recommend it to anyone who is expecting a baby- even if they already have a boy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse