5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book
This book teaches you how to apply the Scriptural principles which will enable you to live in peace. In practical ways it shows how to overcome anxiety and worry.
Published on Nov. 4 2003 by Dr. W. G. Covington, Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars This book made me anxious
Anxiety is a problem I have dealt with for years. I know God calls us to be anxious for nothing and rest on Him. I was hoping this book would encourage me and build me up as I learn to trust Him more. Instead, I felt like the author used the topic to justify her ministry. She relied too much on her own experiences and didn't provide enough truly practical or helpful...
Published on March 10 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, Nov. 4 2003
Dr. W. G. Covington, Jr. (Edinboro, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
She writes, "If we wait until everything is perfect before rejoicing and giving thanks, we won't have much fun. Learning to enjoy life even in the midst of circumstances is one way we develop spiritual maturity." She adds that we need to learn to be glad in the Lord Jesus every day along the way in life to our goals. Enjoy the process.
Added to this is the fact that God wants us to rejoice in His presence, not His presents she tells us. A lot of attention is devoted to focusing on the appropriate matters, i.e., God and His goodness as opposed to problems.
On God's involvement in our lives, she writes, "But when God starts something, He carries it through to completion without any struggle on our part." Similiarly she notes that if God is not in something it will not work out right. She says our "work" is to believe God.
This is a powerful book because it is true and practical. It teaches you how to apply the truths of God's Word to your daily life. Read it and benefit from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible Study Book!, June 22 2000
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
This book was definitely from God, given to us Christians through Joyce. This book has helped me tremendously to break free from the problem of worry & anxiety. I have learned so many things about God through this book, & the Lord brought this book to me at just the right time in my life, as I am going through a host of trials at this time. But thanks a great deal to this book, & what the Lord is showing me, I'm making it just fine! I highly recommend this book for EVERY Christian, even if you don't consider yourself a "worrier" by nature, because all of us worry to some degree in our lives at some point. There are many helpful, insightful things to be learned about God & how He operates through this book. Joyce does an excellent job of studying many key scriptures regarding worry/anxiety, & explaining them, then tying everything together. And coupled with this, she shares her own experiences, & her walk with the Lord as she went through the problem of worry/anxiety. Not only is it a teaching book, but also a very humorous one--I have laughed so much over some of the things she shares! This book will help you to become an overcomer, & a person filled with faith instead of fear! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, haven't been able to put it down, & I intend to go over it again. I've been reading very thoughtfully, slowly, & prayerfully so that these truths will sink themselves into my consciousness. You'll really enjoy this book--I consider it a MUST for every Christian home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Resting in God is the Key to Victory, June 6 2003
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
Joyce Meyer does a wonderful job in this book explaining how reasoning for ourselves gets in the way of our rest in Christ. She writes in her straightforward, clear, open manner that is so engaging and shares examples from her life that I could really related to. Of all of her books, this one and Battlefield of the Mind are the two I have kept through the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fear is a sin, June 24 2004
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
Did you know that fear is a sin? That fear can cause a zillion different diseases -- asthma, high blood pressure, allergies, heart problems??? Go deeper with "Deadly Emotions" by Doc Don Colbert and "A More Excellent Way" by Henry Wright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be anxious for nothing, April 11 2001
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
Wow!!!! Joyce just keeps inspiring me on my walk with God. This book was given to me by a friend that also enjoys everything Joyce writes. I was so anxious about everything before reading this book and now i feel so Blessed and calm BIG TIME!!!! I was wasting so much time being anxious and now i feel i am a better Wife,Mother and Christian. I want to read ALL of Joyce's books! You will be changed after reading this book and if you don't feel like you have changed than read it again! You didn't happen upon this review by mistake!

5.0 out of 5 stars battlefield of the mind, Aug. 30 2000
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
I can not express my appreciation to joyce meyer for her in depth tell all book of battling the mind with satan. I now only after the first 8 chapters I no longer have a feeling of desperation to figure out why I thought I was not normal. In the book she tells that we are normal, God wants us to be at peace, and how the devil takes our peace of mind away. This is an awesome intelligent read. I would highly recommend the book to anyone struggling with their feelings and wondering where the next peace of mind is coming from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again Joyce has heard from God, June 14 2000
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
The title itself explains it all. Joyce is someone that you can always relate to. She tells you that as a Christian we are not to be thinking of the worst or the "what if's". We are to stand on the word of God and what it says. This book came to me in a time in my life when I wondered why all seemed to be happening to me. I saw through this book that I had to change my way of thinking and go to the word. Truely we need to Cheer up and let go of all things except the word of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was extremely helpful and encouraging to me. ..., March 3 2015
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
This book was extremely helpful and encouraging to me. Again, Joyce is candid about her own walk and I so appreciate her honesty and Christlike direction as she helps to turn our hearts and minds in a healthy, Christlike direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, Sept. 11 1999
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
This book is so helpful to read if you're trapped in worry, anxiety, and fretting over things in your life. It really gives insight on how to trust God and find peace in your life

5.0 out of 5 stars A Comment from an International student in Kansas, Nov. 6 1999
This review is from: Be Anxious for Nothing (Hardcover)
I want to say, "Thank you" for Joyce Meyer. Her book makes me know a lot more how to seek God; especially I am a new Christian.

Be Anxious for Nothing SG
Be Anxious for Nothing SG by Joyce Meyer (Paperback - Oct. 1 2002)
CDN$ 14.00 CDN$ 10.11