4.0 out of 5 stars Growing a Garden of Emotional Health, July 21 2002
I just finished reading The Root of Rejection, and it was at least the third time that I've read it. I may even read it again in the future. This book is a good introduction to the topic of rejection and it's impact on people. If rejection or trying to be accepted by people have been issues in your life, you may find yourself, or some of your behaviors, on the pages of this book.
This is a short book and is not difficult to read. It will give you things to ponder and pray about as you read it. For me, the book helped me to understand what rejection is and how certain situations in my life caused me to feel rejected, how I changed as a result of those experiences and how rejection impaired my perception of myself and other people. It made me aware of specific issues, perceptions and behaviors to address with other resources/materials and in prayer.
This book presents that instead of basing your self-worth on acceptance by other people, you should base your self-worth on God's acceptance and who are you in Christ. I have read other books that say the same thing, but I don't totally agree with it. What about people who aren't Christians? On what do they base their self-worth? hmmmmm. I believe that people have to come to their own conclusions about the basis of their self-worth and that it probably changes somewhat over time.
There is a slight bit of a Word of Faith slant to the book. It wasn't very overbearing (to me), so even if Word of Faith ideas are not your cup of tea, the book can still benefit you. In fact, perhaps only someone who is familiar with the Word of Faith would pick up on it. At any rate, I recommend the book as an introduction to identifying and overcoming rejection. I do believe that additional resources and time will be needed to kill the root of rejection. Read everything with discernment and your Bible on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't realize how much rejection could affect my life!, July 20 2002
By A Customer
Joyce Meyer teaches in the same manner that Christ does, with love and firmness. If you have experienced enough rejection "to leave scars" as she mentions in her book, Beauty for Ashes, then this is definitely a must-read! She walks you through all the aspects of rejection, stating that we must get to the root of the problem is we're ever to be replanted in righteousness. This book is an easy read, with examples from her own life as well as others. She writes in a way that is comforting while she teaches. She does not beat around the bush for you to figure out the gaps. Instead, she sympathizes with you when she says it won't be easy and that it takes commitment as well as time spent in God's word if we truly want to break free from the bondage. There is victory on the other side!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Book, May 27 2002
This book is small, only about 100 pages or so. I thought I could wade thru it in an hour or two. But it is so rich, so dense, that it became impossible for me to read more than a chapter or two at a time.
There is a wealth of knowledge in this little book & it made me realize how large the root of rejection *was* in my life.
... Don't allow him to continue to steal your joy. Once you identify the problem, it is a lot easier to allow God to heal you. This book will help!
I highly recommend "Root of Rejection"!
God bless you all~

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those who strive for self-acceptance, May 15 2000
Every book I have ever read of Joyce Meyer's has been life changing. This one is no exception. If you ever have a nagging feeling that you are not "good enough" or that "something is wrong with me"...this is the book for you. It identifies how the root of rejection manifests itself in many thought and behavior patterns...and how to successfull identify and "pull" that root. An excellent resource from someone who has been there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! It will change your life for the better!, Feb. 20 1999
By A Customer
This book has changed the way I look at all the relationships in my life. My husband and I are getting along better than ever. I am happier and so are the people around me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help!, Sept. 11 1999
By A Customer
This book is a powerful tool for those who have been rejected or fear what others think. It has helped me tremendously.

The Root of Rejection: Escape the Bondage of Rejection and Experience the Freedom of God's Acceptance
Used & New from: CDN$ 5.98