5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mist
This book has been all that I hoped for and more. The book, in a nutshell, basically says that to get ahead in life, in career, in everything, women need to stop acting like little girls.
Replete with examples from Ms. Frankel's consulting clients, this book gives practical, no-holds-barred evaluations of such behaviours as feeding people at the office, working too...
Published on March 17 2004 by Wendy G. Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh Come On
No excuses. I read this book and it has a few obvious choices for altering behaviors male or female, but I despise books like this because the premise is failure before you even begin! This book is only for you if you're think you're "behind" somehow. You're not and if you think you're not others will see that confidence. Do you think women who succeed in business begin...
Published on May 12 2004 by MovedbyMusic

4.0 out of 5 stars Many Good Points, July 19 2004
By A Customer
Frankel had many good points. I found myself behaving like some, and wasn't aware it was a female behaviour, until now.
For the most part it was an eye opening book. However, I did find a few of her points subject to her opinion, ie: Albrights brooch vs. Frankels own approved brooch...please. Otherwise, this book was very interesting, eye opening, and sad that women still need to adapt their personalities to accomodate men, to play the game. Also suggested by Frankel, were many other good books to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Corporate Coaching tips for women, Feb. 24 2004
Jemela S. Macer, Ph.D (La Canada, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I found this book immensely helpful and readable, and a great addition to the field. Dr. Frankel's style is clear and concise and she obviously speaks from a wealth of knowledge and experience. Though the book has just recently been published, I have already found myself recommending it to female clients in my psychotherapy practice who are stalled in their careers. If you're looking for some direct advice and helpful hints about how to get ahead in the corporate world, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am on my way to the corner office!, Feb. 24 2004
Jessica (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
AN AWESOME READ! By reading "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office," I feel like I can make the changes needed to further my career and soon be in the corner office myself. I have bought copies for my sister, mother and close female friends and they have all enjoyed it immensely. I also found Dr. Frankel's other book, "Overcoming Your Strengths," helpful to my career. The tips in her books are insightful and make a definite difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, sensible advice, Feb. 24 2004
By A Customer
All the unconscious, everyday bringdowns women to do to themselves, to stay off the fast track. Laid out forthrightly and without sentimentality, author Lois Frankel makes you understand that women have to break out of learned growing-up behaviors and inhibitions to make it in the corporate world. Look in the mirror, ladies -- it's you, not them!

5.0 out of 5 stars We Haven't Come a Long Way Baby, Feb. 6 2004
Barbara Hanson (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
Dr. Frankel was my coach for over a year. Many of the suggestions in the book I heard from her directly and I must say, they were all correct. When I did what she suggested I felt more empowered even if I wasn't always successful. I guess the bottom line is, you have to make a choice as to whether you want to be the statue or the bird.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book., June 2 2004
By A Customer
This book does a fine job of exploring gender issues not just in the corporate world but also in other relevent aspects of life. It was a good read. I got a good kick out of this book and also suggest reading the book "Stumbling Naked in the Dark" to understand how men can benefit and learn from us women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frankel tells it like it is., Feb. 6 2004
Barbara Hanson (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
I hate to admit it but Dr. Frankel is right on with her observations of what it takes to succeed in the corporate world. This book is as close to having a personal coach as you can get. Even if you take only half of what she says you'll be twice at likely to be more competitive in the workplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, Feb. 19 2004
Abigail (Los Angeles, Ca) - See all my reviews
Every tip in this book is informative and practical. The self- assessment test in the beginning helped me strategize my reading and focus on the low scoring areas first. I was learning a lot and decided to continue reading the other chapters as well. The test, in it of itself, is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading for any woman serious about her career, March 2 2004
By A Customer
Having worked in the hi tech industry for almost 10 years now, with all the ups and downs, many of the insights by Frankel are accurate and many are really lessons to pick up from. A must read for any woman keen on making personal changes to fit better in any corporate environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The nail on the head, April 29 2004
By A Customer
This book is right on target. The observations of what it takes to succeed in the corporate world. This book is as close to having a personal coach as you can get. It shows you how to be competitive. I highly recommend this book and another book "He Never Called Again."

Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers
Used & New from: CDN$ 10.09