5.0 out of 5 stars My mommy read me this book
Hi, My mommy just read me the little engine that could...and just so you know, i am telling her what to type because I cant type yet. It is a very very very very very good book about choochoos. I like that they never gave up. I wish I could have a train like that and we could be friends. I especially liked the drawings inside. ok bye internet people.
Published on July 7 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Which Engine Do You Remember?
Published on March 20 2003 by Craig Rucin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My mommy read me this book, July 7 2003
By A Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Which Engine Do You Remember?, March 20 2003
Craig Rucin (Oak Lawn, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Engine That Could: The Complete, Original Edition (Hardcover)
I wanted to buy this book for my children because it was my favorite as a kid. However, when I read the book I was surprised because it wasn't what I remembered. After doing research on this, I discovered there was another version of this story, "The Pony Engine" by Wonder Books, which I purchased used. This was the version I grew up with. What's the difference? The "Watty Piper" version makes the good engines girls and the bad engines boys and the version I grew up with does not make any [gender] distinction for the engines. If you are looking for the same book you grew up with, you may want to consider which version you want to read to your kids. Which is the true version? That is debated and you can read about it...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Classic Book, June 22 2011
My train loving child adores this book. A great kid pleaser and a good message. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that the 'classic' illustrations include some pretty outdated stereotypes of aboriginal peoples.

5.0 out of 5 stars The little engine that could, Jan. 1 2013
I know it was Christmas season but this is unusually long time to receive a product. The book arrived on Jan 3 rd. would have liked to have it for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perseverance pays!, April 26 2012
perseverance for the train challenges kids to keep trying even when the going gets tough, it doesn't pay to give up!

5.0 out of 5 stars A model for a child book, July 12 2011
Little Engine that Could is really a good book, even for a french man of 52 years old! I just have to say that I love it.

Luigi

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit long & repetitive, Dec 29 2010
I got his for my 4 yr old son as he loves reading, trains & it's supposed to be a classic but I do enjoy the modern stories more & found this book to be quite tedious, a long read which means we don't get to cover other books @ story time & a bit repetitive. I was expecting more from a classic book about trains...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, Jan. 16 2010
Phillip D. Morris (KY) - See all my reviews
WE were so pleased. The book arrived before Christmas and the recipients were greatly surprised.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Little Engine that Could, April 26 2004
This story is a childrens classic. A wonderful tale about a little helpful train that overcomes great physical adversity through sheer will power. A great moral teaching story for young impressionable children. This story teaches our children especially our daughters that they too can be successful if they
work hard and think positive. This is a story I'll read to my daughter many times. The little engine represent a positive female role model without flaunting its femininity. In fact I had forgotten the engine was female until I read it again recently. A great story worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A CHILDRENS SUCCESS CLASSIC, April 15 2004
Zev Saftlas "Founder and Host of EmpoweringMe... (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
As a parent of three, one of the most important things I can give my children is motivation.
The attitude that he or she CAN DO ANYTHING IF THEY THINK THEY CAN DO IT.
By reading this story over and over again, the message will go into their conscious and subconscious mind and my hope is that they will follow their dreams and become all they are able to become.
Zev Saftlas, Author of Motivation That Works: How to Get Motivated and Stay Motivated
What better gift can a parent give their child than believing in them?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Little Engine That Could: The Complete, Original Edition
The Little Engine That Could: The Complete, Original Edition by Watty Piper (Hardcover - Jan. 11 2002)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49