‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gift to Young Readers, June 3 2002
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
"What's Your Sign?" is a true gift to young readers. I'm a fifth grade teacher and child care provider in the MD/DC area. I work with many types of children and each one of them would be able to benefit from this book in a different way. The book may be used as a tool to help a child find their place in the world. It allows a young person to learn to accept themselves and those around them. The book celebrates differences by exploring people's astrological signs, to explain each persons' gifts to the world. The book has a wonderful introduction. It explains how the book can be used and the benefit of keeping a journal of others- to act as a super sleuth. The pictures are delightful and add to the charm of the book. I especially liked the sections which talk about your pets signs, what to do if your best friends a certain sign and how to react to your teacher if he/she is a certain sign. I keep the book on my coffee table. (even though I'm an adult) Because everyone enjoys picking it up and seeing a little window into the world of others. I highly recommend this book to ALL children. It would be a wonderful gift for an eccentric little one. Enjoy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank our lucky stars for Aslan!, July 24 2002
J. Mars (Albuquerque, NM USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
Finally, an astrology book for kids. It's about time! And Aslan's book treats the subject with the respect it deserves. It's accessible to young readers without beng watered down or oversimplified, and it allows (or better yet, inspires) young astrologers to tune into the cosmos and simultaneously reflect on the self. The information is solid and intriguing, and there's just the right "light" touches to keep every kid fascinated. Astrology provides an excellent framework from which to experience this confusing world, and Aslan's book helps prepare kids to think deeply about relationships, examine issues (and relationships) from different perspectives, and figure complex things out by seeing where they fit into the big picture. Is there anything more important than that? This is a great read for children of all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BLUE BIRD OF HAPPINESS!!!, Feb. 10 2004
Sarah Gordon-Sullivan (Caledon East, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
I cannot tell you how GOOD this book is!!! I am not a child, I suppose I am a young - or, rather, amateur astrologer - but whoever you are, reading it MAKES YOU HAPPY. Unlike other astrology books, THERE IS NO NEGATIVE - only your positive traits are talked about and when there might be a problem (Scorpio relating to Leo for example) SOLUTIONS ARE GIVEN. I love the sibling parts (my brother is as BOSSY A LEO AS THEY COME) - and the wheel is pretty good, and the illustrations are imagainative and cute. I have put the poster on the door to my room and before anyone can enter they have to say WHAT IS THEIR SIGN.
MINE IS THE MOST PSYCHIC!!!! (clue, clue)!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST WAY TO START 2004!!!, Feb. 12 2004
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
What's Your Sign is such a fantastic boost to my family's new year! We got it at Christmas and the kids are still on it!!
The illustrations are really cute and funny and the writing speaks to children in a wonderful way.
MY favourite: the author addresses how to get on with other signs that are usually incompatible and describes the signs' gifts for increasing their communication skills.
We need all the tolerance and understanding we can get in this new year - and I never expected it to be found in an astrology book for young ones. What's Your Sign is a joy to look at and read and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars An empowering and confidence-building book for your child, March 31 2004
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
The author has said that her interest in astrology began when she was seven years old because it gave her access to a secret door inside herself, and helped her to understand those action places in herself that she had known all along but could never find the words for. Her aim when writing this book was to help other children to do the same, to build their confidence through teaching them to see what is special and unique in them, and to give them a better understanding of themselves and those around them. All the information is presented clearly and in an amusing way.
Madalyn goes through the astrological signs with a summing up of their qualities, and insights as to how that sign might behave or feel in different areas of their life, and what they might expect from others of that sign around them. Sections include, "Which signs you groove with: which signs you don't', 'With your family', and 'your teachers', 'In the playground', 'With your friends', ''in school', and 'How to spot...' She also lists celebrities born under each sign, describes the nature of the ruling planet, draws on Greek and Roman myths to show temperament and tendencies and has included in each chapter a quote from a child of that particular sign with their views on life or themselves. There is a spinner wheel on the back page which gives the elements for each sign and the book is indexed with tabs so that it is easy to find any particular chapter. I cannot remember the last time I saw a book so beautifully illustrated, and as I read it I found myself making a list of friends' children who might like it for a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~*Wonderful Book*~, May 27 2002
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
I am a 15 year old libra, and i was interviewed by Madalyn Aslan the author. I just recently acquired a copy of the book and was able to read it. I found it very insightful and an interesting read for any age. If you have any questions about how you work or anyone close to you this is the book for you. It looks at astrology in a new way and takes it apart for younger people to understand. I highly recommend it, especially if you are interested in astrology.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START 2004, Feb. 11 2004
Liz Blaine (Hamilton, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
I cannot rave enough about this Cosmic Guide - I am the mother of three, and no book has held my children's attention like this!!! Marianne (4) and Bobby (7) go through the pages again and again and AGAIN. They love to look at the descriptions of themselves! Don't know if this has anything to do with astrology, but I wish I could bottle whatever this is and sell it to other mothers!!!! It has been a wonderful start to the new year for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweetest Book I've Ever Read, June 3 2002
Kristi Mccormick (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
This is the sweetest book I've ever read. Even though it was written for juniors, I loved every page. The illustrations are adorable. One of my favorite sections is "Okay, So You're Not a Cancer..., but Your Crush Is," "Your Best Friend Is," and so forth...Get the book - I would tell you it's a great gift, but I'm keeping this one for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the child who has everything!, June 7 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
...I cannot recommend this book highly enough -- it is beautifully written and illustrated, and full of educational, inspirational, FUN writing -- you'll have a great time checking out your sign (and theirs) with your kids. Now, my friends are getting it for their kids too!
A beautiful book[!]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fresh Look At Astrology, July 1 2002
This review is from: Whats Your Sign (Hardcover)
I got this book for my niece, who is 14, and she loves it! I am so glad there is finally a book about astrology that is geared towards younger people. Madalyn Aslan's writing is coherent and entertaining, and the book is easy to navigate and appealing to look through.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Whats Your Sign
Whats Your Sign by Madalyn Aslan (Hardcover - May 16 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.98