march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on November 6, 2012
Hi there,

I'm a pretty competent cook, but for some reason soup has always intimidated
me. I can make excellent broth, but taking the next step and put something
tasty in the bowl hasn't worked for me. After hearing about your book on CBC
Calgary, I finally purchased your book yesterday. We brought it home, and
my husband said, lets try Carrot, Leek and Rice and quickly whipped up a
pot. That easy and its delicious. Both of my kids even approve and are
having the leftovers for lunch today. Maybe I can wean them off their
dependancy on Mr Noodles, and stop looking for Cream of Mushroom in the case
lot sales :-)

Any recipe book that gives me one recipe we like as a family is a winner,
but I'm looking forward to trying many more from your book.

Thanks
Rose,
Calgary
on October 18, 2012
Of all the cookbooks I have...and I have MANY...this one just simply beckons you to get started making soup immediately. It is laid out in a simple, uncluttered manner, with beautiful photography and uplifting graphics. The soups are organized in seasons which makes it very easy to choose the ones that make use of vegetables that are at their finest. If you have never made soup before, the beginning of the book explains all the how-tos from pantry essentials to stock making...nourishment and comfort in a bowl! It does not hurt either to know that the profits from this book go directly back to the Soup Sisters organization so that they can continue making soup for women and children who have experienced family violence and youth in crisis!

The Soup Sisters Cookbook: 100 Simple Recipes to Warm Hearts . . . One Bowl at a Time
on February 27, 2014
I purchased one for myself and one for my daughter. I make a lot of soup and this is the first soup only cookbook I have purchased as there are usually only a few that I like. I borrowed Soup sisters from the library , as is my practice, After reading it from cover to cover, I made 2 of the winter soups and loved them both. After my 2 renewals were used up at the library I decided to just buy it. I will be giving the other copy to my daughter so she won't steal mine.
on November 20, 2012
Our family loves soup, and this cookbook provides such a nice variety of recipes. The cookbook is written well, recipes use basic ingredients, and the results are guaranteed. A great gift idea for Christmas!
on February 25, 2015
What a book, what a cause! the recipes are just amazing, i wanted to cook soup 7 days a week! Easy to follow recipes, beautiful pictures, and the stories behind some of the recipes warm the heart as much as the soup...
on December 11, 2012
alot of soup choices to inspire one to make a nourishing meal! Gather the ingredients and serve an appreciative family or someone who needs some TLC
on June 10, 2013
I bought this book together with the Ultimate Soup Cookbook. This has 100 recipes and is thoughtfully divided into seasons with a small but good range in each. The recipes come from hotel and restaurant chefs, food writers and the sisters themselves. It includes includes hints and tips for pots and kitchen tools, your pantry basics and preparing the ingredients. Recipes include vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, basic broths and many soup favourites (Manhattan Clam Chowder, Thai Chicken with coconut milk, French Onion, Beef & Barley are just a few). At $22.95 you may quibble that it is not as good value as other soup recipe books but the warm glow comes from knowing that a donation is made to the Soup Sisters charity from each book sold.
on March 10, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this cookbook. It is full of simple and delicious recipes that I am slowly cooking my way through. Separating the recipes into seasons is a novel idea that I like very much.
on December 5, 2014
I've absolutely loved this cookbook after being given it by one of my soupsister friends. I have ordered 4 more for other friends. If you like soup, this is the one.
on April 27, 2014
Solid work by the ladies on this one. Good recipes, well described, nothing frilly or complicated.
Simply put, simply fabulous.