5.0 out of 5 stars You'll want to get started making soup asap!
Published 18 months ago by Carolyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for those on a low fat diet!
I bought this book as a gift for someone at Christmas so I haven't tried any of the recipes but I am disappointed that every other soup recipe in the book calls for heavy cream! One recipe calls for 3 cups worth!
I am disappointed the authors didn't pick more lower fat recipes or at least some that can use skim milk.
Published 16 months ago by Gem

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll want to get started making soup asap!, Oct. 18 2012
This review is from: The Soup Sisters Cookbook: 100 Simple Recipes to Warm Hearts . . . One Bowl at a Time (Paperback)
Of all the cookbooks I have...and I have MANY...this one just simply beckons you to get started making soup immediately. It is laid out in a simple, uncluttered manner, with beautiful photography and uplifting graphics. The soups are organized in seasons which makes it very easy to choose the ones that make use of vegetables that are at their finest. If you have never made soup before, the beginning of the book explains all the how-tos from pantry essentials to stock making...nourishment and comfort in a bowl! It does not hurt either to know that the profits from this book go directly back to the Soup Sisters organization so that they can continue making soup for women and children who have experienced family violence and youth in crisis!

5.0 out of 5 stars My family loved your recipe!, Nov. 6 2012
Hi there,

I'm a pretty competent cook, but for some reason soup has always intimidated
me. I can make excellent broth, but taking the next step and put something
tasty in the bowl hasn't worked for me. After hearing about your book on CBC
Calgary, I finally purchased your book yesterday. We brought it home, and
my husband said, lets try Carrot, Leek and Rice and quickly whipped up a
pot. That easy and its delicious. Both of my kids even approve and are
having the leftovers for lunch today. Maybe I can wean them off their
dependancy on Mr Noodles, and stop looking for Cream of Mushroom in the case
lot sales :-)

Any recipe book that gives me one recipe we like as a family is a winner,
but I'm looking forward to trying many more from your book.

Thanks
Rose,
Calgary

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cookbook, Nov. 20 2012
Our family loves soup, and this cookbook provides such a nice variety of recipes. The cookbook is written well, recipes use basic ingredients, and the results are guaranteed. A great gift idea for Christmas!

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 recipes and a warm glow...., June 10 2013
I bought this book together with the Ultimate Soup Cookbook. This has 100 recipes and is thoughtfully divided into seasons with a small but good range in each. The recipes come from hotel and restaurant chefs, food writers and the sisters themselves. It includes includes hints and tips for pots and kitchen tools, your pantry basics and preparing the ingredients. Recipes include vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, basic broths and many soup favourites (Manhattan Clam Chowder, Thai Chicken with coconut milk, French Onion, Beef & Barley are just a few). At $22.95 you may quibble that it is not as good value as other soup recipe books but the warm glow comes from knowing that a donation is made to the Soup Sisters charity from each book sold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soup for every season, Dec 11 2012
alot of soup choices to inspire one to make a nourishing meal! Gather the ingredients and serve an appreciative family or someone who needs some TLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes that I will use again and again., Feb. 27 2014
I purchased one for myself and one for my daughter. I make a lot of soup and this is the first soup only cookbook I have purchased as there are usually only a few that I like. I borrowed Soup sisters from the library , as is my practice, After reading it from cover to cover, I made 2 of the winter soups and loved them both. After my 2 renewals were used up at the library I decided to just buy it. I will be giving the other copy to my daughter so she won't steal mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soup Ideas, Feb. 18 2014
A super book containing great soup selections. The combination of ingredients prove interesting and it is ordered in terms of the seasons and what items might be more accessible at this time as well as their peak of taste and freshness. A must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book For Every Kitchen, Jan. 5 2014
My wife received this book as a Christmas present and she is very satisfied. The book was very useful especially during the deep freeze, snow storms and cold arctic conditions. The recipes put a smile on my familys faces and thank you for having the book on Amazon's website. We would certainly recommend this book and thanks!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect guide to perfect soups., March 10 2013
I couldn't be happier with this cookbook. It is full of simple and delicious recipes that I am slowly cooking my way through. Separating the recipes into seasons is a novel idea that I like very much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for those on a low fat diet!, Dec 7 2012