5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the beginner
Published on Aug. 17 2003 by David Bagner

3.0 out of 5 stars My second copy
I have dog eared my first copy so required a second. I quite love this book although one does certainly require other texts when really studying the language.
Published 16 months ago by Heather

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the beginner, Aug. 17 2003
David Bagner (Duluth, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
When I was in high school in the mid to late 1970's, I dreaded going to Spanish class. I learned absolutely nothing and probably passed because I showed up. I thought it was impossible to aquire a foreign language - until getting associated with this book. I purchased my first copy in 1978. Immediately, I began to realize that the problem I had was due to teaching methods; especially with emphasis on grammar. I began to realize that I knew basic English BEFORE studying grammar. Well this book teaches Spanish the same way. After reading this thoroughly, I began to aquire a basic vocabulary needed for everyday conversation. And inconjunction with a 33rpm record set (which unfortunately is no longer available in that form nor CD); I began to aquire Spanish naturally - by listening and repeating. These two media combined then gave me the confidence to take college level courses;something which just a few years earlier would be unheard of for me. Spanish became one of my best subjects and my grades reflected this.I still have my original copy which is now for the car and a newer one that was purchased for the bookshelf. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book as a prerequisite to any high school or college course. And if a CD ever does become available for use with this book; I will be the first on line to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and to the point!, June 2 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
This book taught me more than my high school spanish class! In school I just couldn't grasp all the grammer rules and so forth. I figured I just wasn't capable of learning another language. After relocating to Texas and now living in a metroplitan community with many Spanish-speakers I decided to try once again.I bought numerous books and tapes that either confused or bored me so I didn't continue my Spanish studies....until I picked up Margarita Madrigal's little book. At first I thought it might be juvenile and a bit too easy....well it was easy,....and it worked! I was remembering without really trying! This little book got me hooked. I picked up her other book- "Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish". My Latino coworkers were and still are impressed with how fast I am learning Spanish. I also bought an audio Cd to help with my pronunciationn - "Pimsleur." Another great course - although a bit expensive. I still refer to See it and Say it in Spanish. It's a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, Feb. 22 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
Before i encountered this book by sheer chance, i thought learning a foreign language was a waste of time and impossible. but the instant i picked it up and looked through it i became hooked! After working my way through it and then the pimsleur program, the audio forum fsi sequence, david burkes street spanish sequence and spending lots of time in the barrios i am now fluent in spanish and starting on chinese! This book is inspiring in the way it makes learning fun and quite adictive through the word and picture method. If you are wanting to learn spanish, this is the best place to start. i believe it made my efforts in my later courses more effective because no matter how advanced i got into the 50 hours of pimsleur and the 55 hours of the foreign service institute sequence i was still running into material that was familiar to me from see it and say it in spanish. And i have begun a whole new career now and it all started with this book! Ms. Madrigal is certainly an extraordinarily gifted teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for the beginner or traveler!, Oct. 20 2008
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was written by the same woman who wrote -Magic Key to Spanish-. I read this one first and knew Magic Key had to be really good. This book (See it & Say it) focuses on vocabulary and simple sentences, which is nice because at the start, you do not want to be presented with anything too complex, or too much stuff. If you want to travel to a Spanish-speaking country, I highly recommend this book! If you are really serious about learning a lot of the Spanish language, Magic Key is where you should start (or read both books) Margarita Madrigal is great at presenting information! If you want some excellent review for grammar specifically, check out Dorothy Richmond's books: her Spanish Verb Tenses book and Pronouns and Prepositions book are awesome if you already have a basic foundation in the language.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good way to learn vocabulary, July 18 2003
Meredith L. "Mer" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book with Madrigal's Magic Key, and they complement each other very well. With this book I'm learning vocabulary at my own pace and in a way that's easy and entertaining. I like to write down words and post them around my apartment ("los vasos" in my cabinet next to my glasses; "jugo de naranja" on my orange juice) so that as I'm brushing my teeth, or fixing dinner, or just getting dressed, I'm still reading and learning. I don't think I'd recommend this book on its own, but combined with Magic Key it's a great way to learn Spanish, and it's small and lightweight enough to keep in my purse and take with me wherever I go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding without Translating, Jan. 8 2002
Kimberly R Brugier (Fort Worth, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
This book makes the language intuitive while focusing the brain to think in Spanish instead of translating words.
Your Knowledge of the Present and Past tense will emerge automatically without translating to find the answer.
Your understanding and ability to speak Spanish will increase dramatically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth twice the price., June 9 2002
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
The drawings really help imprint the words into your memory. A perfect first book for someone who wants to learn Spanish. The verb conjugations in the back alone are worth the cost of the book. Won't help with pronunciation, but no book really can.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOve this book!!!, Dec 29 2009
A. P. Carsl (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
The best book of its kind I have come across. If I could have only one Spanish learning book, this is it. Even better than the classes I have taken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Companion to anyone studying Spanish., July 26 1998
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is like no other for helping you to learn the practical use of the Spanish language. The little line drawings are great and speak for themselves. I have three copies--one at home, one in my car, and one in my suitcase and never tire of refering to them.They have helped me immensely. A real bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is helping me to learn Spanish, Nov. 26 2010
H. Heighes (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
An excellent, simple (complete with pictures) little book. I am just finishing a conversational Spanish course at the local college (level 1) and will use this book, page by page, to continue studying and reviewing. Glad I found it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

See It and Say It in Spanish
See It and Say It in Spanish by Margarita Madrigal (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 1 1981)
CDN$ 7.50 CDN$ 7.12