5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the beginner
Published on Aug. 17 2003 by David Bagner

3.0 out of 5 stars My second copy
I have dog eared my first copy so required a second. I quite love this book although one does certainly require other texts when really studying the language.
Published 12 months ago by Heather

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the beginner, Aug. 17 2003
David Bagner (Duluth, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
When I was in high school in the mid to late 1970's, I dreaded going to Spanish class. I learned absolutely nothing and probably passed because I showed up. I thought it was impossible to aquire a foreign language - until getting associated with this book. I purchased my first copy in 1978. Immediately, I began to realize that the problem I had was due to teaching methods; especially with emphasis on grammar. I began to realize that I knew basic English BEFORE studying grammar. Well this book teaches Spanish the same way. After reading this thoroughly, I began to aquire a basic vocabulary needed for everyday conversation. And inconjunction with a 33rpm record set (which unfortunately is no longer available in that form nor CD); I began to aquire Spanish naturally - by listening and repeating. These two media combined then gave me the confidence to take college level courses;something which just a few years earlier would be unheard of for me. Spanish became one of my best subjects and my grades reflected this.I still have my original copy which is now for the car and a newer one that was purchased for the bookshelf. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book as a prerequisite to any high school or college course. And if a CD ever does become available for use with this book; I will be the first on line to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good way to learn vocabulary, July 18 2003
Meredith L. "Mer" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book with Madrigal's Magic Key, and they complement each other very well. With this book I'm learning vocabulary at my own pace and in a way that's easy and entertaining. I like to write down words and post them around my apartment ("los vasos" in my cabinet next to my glasses; "jugo de naranja" on my orange juice) so that as I'm brushing my teeth, or fixing dinner, or just getting dressed, I'm still reading and learning. I don't think I'd recommend this book on its own, but combined with Magic Key it's a great way to learn Spanish, and it's small and lightweight enough to keep in my purse and take with me wherever I go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth twice the price., June 9 2002
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
The drawings really help imprint the words into your memory. A perfect first book for someone who wants to learn Spanish. The verb conjugations in the back alone are worth the cost of the book. Won't help with pronunciation, but no book really can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4 2014
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
another way of Learning >Spanish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basics for Spanish Communication, March 7 2014
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
Over fifty years ago, I used See It and Say It in French, so I was happy to find
this version for Spanish. It really does the job using a non-complicated, to-the--point
method of presenting vocabulary and useful phrases to a Spanish learner wishing to acquire some basics
for travelling in Spanish-speaking countries. I wish a CD existed to accompany it. In the 60s,the French
version provided the opportunity of buying pronunciation LP records which I did. You could always hire a Spanish speaker (not a teacher) with whom to practice since this book would provide sufficient material for many private meetings.

5.0 out of 5 stars See It and Say It in Spanish, Feb. 28 2014
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
Very useful and understandable terminology. Love that it's kid friendly also! Great job on the layout and word choices! Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars My second copy, July 28 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, May 29 2013
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
Not easy to find things, Print is blurred and lacks clarity. Pictures are helpful . Does not tak einto account that some pictures may have two or more words meaning the same thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit blurry writing and drawings ant not easy to follow, May 27 2013
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
feedbacks given to me by students
nice cover but low in content....needs more polishing
it has potential with further review

5.0 out of 5 stars great, March 12 2013
This review is from: See It and Say It in Spanish (Mass Market Paperback)
nice book easy to use and very logical has you doing simple little phrases quite quickly a good book to start!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

See It and Say It in Spanish
See It and Say It in Spanish by Margarita Madrigal (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 1 1981)
CDN$ 7.50 CDN$ 7.12