5.0 out of 5 stars Carb-Conscious Eating for Weight Loss and Health
Published on Oct. 22 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Questions
Published on Jan. 18 2000 by Cathie

5.0 out of 5 stars Carb-Conscious Eating for Weight Loss and Health, Oct. 22 1999
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: The Carbohydrate Addict's Gram Counter (Mass Market Paperback)
As the author of the first "insulin-conscious" gourmet cookbook ("The Gourmet Prescription: High Flavor Recipes for Lower Carbohydrate Diets"), I'm thrilled that this book is making people more aware of their carbohydrate intake. The carbohydrate binge we've been on for the past decade has made us fat, tired, and sick! Carb-watchers interested in full-flavored, sophisticated food will need more than a gram counter, however. "The Gourmet Prescription" starts where this book ends: It's about intensifying FLAVOR as well as lowering carbohydrates! A full nutritional analysis (including grams of carbohydrate) accompanies each recipe.

2.0 out of 5 stars Questions, Jan. 18 2000
Cathie (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
I am impressed with the diet concept and would say that it will work for me. The only problem is what do I do for all the carbohydrate bread substitutes when I am egg sensitive. I cannot bake the muffins etc and cannot eat all the omlets etc. This makes it very difficult. There is no where to ask these questions, which is why I have crashed in on this 'Review' section. Forgive me, but I would appreciate some help if possible. Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another book suggestion..., Oct. 13 1999
Don't waste your money on this one. Get "Food for Life", by Neal Barnard. It changed my life! I lost 55pounds five years ago, and I've still kept it off! I will never go back to my old way of eating. The best part of this "lifestyle" change is that you can eat a lot and still lose. And yes, you can eat carbs--lots of them. Trust me, carbs do not make you fat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most liveable program I have ever seen!, March 25 1998
By A Customer
After being turned on the the low-carb manner of eating, I researched and read many of the books currently on the market...This book is the most liveable that I have seen...I may lose the weight 2 pounds slower a month with this book verses the Protein Power 30 Carb/per day program, but I can stay on this program for the rest of my life..Thanks again. 14 down, 17 to go!

4.0 out of 5 stars This Book Knows It All, Nov. 9 2000
This is the perfect book for all who want to know what is in their food. It can be easily taken to the grocery with you for quick reference. This book also has all the most popular foods so you're almost sure everything you need is in it. This is a great gift for all who are concerned about their health, and for those who are just interested in what they are eating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous guide, Oct. 15 1999
By A Customer
This is a great program. Don't believe people who tell you that carbs don't make you fat. What they are saying is that carbs don't make THEM fat. They may not be in the 75% of the population that are addicted to carbs. Try it and see for yourself. If you are not addicted, you will get little benefit, but if you are, it will change your life!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste money on the gram counter, Jan. 7 2001
If you are a follower of the Carbohydrate Addict Lifespan Program you will quickly find (as I have) that this booklet is totally unnecessary! The whole idea behind the Carbohydrate Addicts books is that measuring is unnecessary. I would rather save the money for the Carbohydrate Addict's recipe book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy & Helpful, April 13 2000
This handy little pocket book was a gift from my husband &has proved invaluable particularly while grocery shopping andrestaurant dining. I keep it in my purse for quick reference & many of my co-workers are now borrowing it during the day to see what they're eating. A great little book!

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't really need it..., Jan. 16 2004
I ordered this along with the Lifespan Book. If you follow that program, they tell which foods you can eat throughout the day. You are not supposed to count carb grams. I have only opened this book twice. I only opened it the second time to search for a reason to use it... I didn't find one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and has most counts that you could want., Feb. 26 1999
By A Customer
I recommend this book highly to diabetics. It has carbo counts and fat counts with little hearts next to heart healthy items. There are over 2200 items including fast food and dining out foods. Small enough to fit into a purse or diabetic kit.

The Carbohydrate Addict's Gram Counter
The Carbohydrate Addict's Gram Counter by Dr. Richard F. Heller (Mass Market Paperback - June 17 1993)
CDN$ 6.99 CDN$ 6.64