5.0 out of 5 stars A Compelling, Super Suspenseful Snow Angel, Feb. 7 2004
Christopher Stone (Harbor City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snow Angel (Hardcover)
Not an especial fan of the murder-mystery tale, I was surprised to find myself seduced completely and happily by Mr. Racina's bone-chilling story of human slaughter, life-shattering lies, no-holds-barred revenge, and nail-biting suspense. I was even more surprised to be captivated by "Snow Angel" because the first chapter reveals who done it, how, where, and why it was done. The author's years of grinding out network television soap operas has hone him into a master of the cliffhanger.
Start to finish, I was loathe to set down this totally compelling tome. Now I want to read everything that Racina has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, April 10 2002
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
I truly enjoyed this book. It was a fast read that I had a hard time putting down. I usually like to be suprised at who the killer is at the end, but that didn't really matter to me with this one. It was still a great story even though you know "who did it" from the beginning. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Good, Feb. 5 2002
Fatima Laham (south carolina USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Books that I usually read are about how the murder was done and the whole "whodunit" thing, so this book surprised me because I didnt expect to like it that much beacuse I found out who the killer was in the beginning of the book. It is one of my favoite books now!! The whole book was great and I thought I knew what was going to happen and it was surprising to find out what was really going on. I would highly recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling Book I couldn't put down!, Oct. 21 2000
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Snow Angel was such a good book, it was hard for me to put it down becuase I always wanted to know what would happen next. Some parts in the book like the death of Julia's Parents and the sex parts are a little to descriptive but it just shows you how sick Matt Hinson is. I liked it becuase some times your hateing the main characters and sometimes your cheering them on. Great book, highly recomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good..But-----, Aug. 19 2000
Michael Butts (Berkeley Springs, WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
"Snow Angel" is one of those books you feel guilty enjoying. Mr. Racina is a good writer and he maintains your interest throughout. Even though you know the murderer right away, he weaves an intricate story on just how he plans to get away with it. There is an underlying cruelty to the story; the murderer is in love with the daughter of his victims, or should I say "obsessed with lust". Some of the violence and sexual descriptions are graphic, but do supply additional reasons to really dislike the villain. There are points early on when you really do kind of like Matthew Hinson. That's scary, and a credit to Racina's writing. Racina does well too in the fact that he doesn't go deep into Matt's psyche to rationalize his behavior. As one of the characters says, 'You're the exception...you were born nuts!" How refreshing in this day of writers who feel you have to feel sorry for their sick, depraved characters because of something that happened to them in their childhood. All in all, the story is compelling, but it is rather unbelievable that Matthew can fool the heroine with such obvious bull....Oh, well, I shall not complain. I enjoyed reading it and would recommend it for it's visceral and visual impact.
Michael Butts

5.0 out of 5 stars Racina Rocks The Competition!, July 26 2000
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
This is by far by favorite Thom Racina novel. This is actually probably one of my favorite books there is. Non-stop suspense and action throughout the entire book with an unbelievable ending. If you are going to spend your money on a mystery novel, then Snow Angel is your best bet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spectacular Story, Jan. 8 2000
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Snow Angel is one of the most intense, exciting thrillers on the bookshelves today. With its compelling plot, gripping pacing and perfect writing, the story rises far above the formula that a more compromising author would have fallen back on. Suspense and energy radiate on every page, and the ultimate ruse carried off by the story's very appealing "woman-in-jeopardy" will stay in my mind forever. I can't say enough about this book. Buyers will not be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summer read, Sept. 6 1999
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
I found this book at the villa in Hilton Head, SC where I spent a week this summer. I thought it would pass the time by the pool and did it ever!! I could not put it down. Thank heavens for SPF 45. I am looking forward to the new release from this riveting author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting thriller in the true sense of the word!, July 31 1999
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Thom Racina has written the most exciting thriller I have ever read. Maybe it is his soap opera background that made his writing of this book so compelling. I lived through this book like no other I read before or since. I thought in the beginning that if I knew "whodunit" up front, where would be the mystery, the intrigue? No need to worry about that! Racina made it easy for me to slip into Julia's role and feel what she felt. This really gave mixed feelings to her relationship with Matt, knowing what I knew but she didn't. The ending was a heart stopper - and perfect. His handling of Maggie's heroism showed his sensitivity to animals. I wish he would write more like Snow Angel.

5.0 out of 5 stars A page-turner - could not put it down., July 26 1999
This review is from: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Racina's writing is so visual that the story plays like a movie in your mind's eye. Gripping suspense - even though you know who "did it" combine with a climax that literally leaves you breathless. While some parts may not be for the faint of heart - this book is a really good read for fans of suspense and terror.

ARRAY(0xa82140d8)

Snow Angel
Snow Angel by Thom Racina (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 25 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01