4.0 out of 5 stars Good..But-----, Aug. 19 2000
Michael Butts (Berkeley Springs, WV USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
"Snow Angel" is one of those books you feel guilty enjoying. Mr. Racina is a good writer and he maintains your interest throughout. Even though you know the murderer right away, he weaves an intricate story on just how he plans to get away with it. There is an underlying cruelty to the story; the murderer is in love with the daughter of his victims, or should I say "obsessed with lust". Some of the violence and sexual descriptions are graphic, but do supply additional reasons to really dislike the villain. There are points early on when you really do kind of like Matthew Hinson. That's scary, and a credit to Racina's writing. Racina does well too in the fact that he doesn't go deep into Matt's psyche to rationalize his behavior. As one of the characters says, 'You're the exception...you were born nuts!" How refreshing in this day of writers who feel you have to feel sorry for their sick, depraved characters because of something that happened to them in their childhood. All in all, the story is compelling, but it is rather unbelievable that Matthew can fool the heroine with such obvious bull....Oh, well, I shall not complain. I enjoyed reading it and would recommend it for it's visceral and visual impact.
Michael Butts

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, but got me hooked..., April 28 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
I picked this book up on the recommendation of a friend. I curled up ready to read a good mystery and was disappointed when the villain was revealed in the first chapter. Because I usually finish reading what I start, I plowed on and was a little put off by the graphic violence and sex. I didn't like any of the characters at the start. I thought Tom was a weak man and Julia a rather spoiled, whiny woman. I also found it hard to believe that Matt could have attained his achievements without ever revealing his psychotic side. I know men who have become obsessed by a woman, but to be as cunning and calculating as Matt was requires more than obsession. Julia eventually shows her intelligence and cleverly sets up the surprising ending.
I will be careful when recommending this book because of the graphic descriptions. Wish I could find a copy of "The Great LA Blizzard" for a comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting thriller in the true sense of the word!, July 31 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Thom Racina has written the most exciting thriller I have ever read. Maybe it is his soap opera background that made his writing of this book so compelling. I lived through this book like no other I read before or since. I thought in the beginning that if I knew "whodunit" up front, where would be the mystery, the intrigue? No need to worry about that! Racina made it easy for me to slip into Julia's role and feel what she felt. This really gave mixed feelings to her relationship with Matt, knowing what I knew but she didn't. The ending was a heart stopper - and perfect. His handling of Maggie's heroism showed his sensitivity to animals. I wish he would write more like Snow Angel.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compelling, Super Suspenseful Snow Angel, Feb. 7 2004
Christopher Stone (Harbor City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Hardcover)
Not an especial fan of the murder-mystery tale, I was surprised to find myself seduced completely and happily by Mr. Racina's bone-chilling story of human slaughter, life-shattering lies, no-holds-barred revenge, and nail-biting suspense. I was even more surprised to be captivated by "Snow Angel" because the first chapter reveals who done it, how, where, and why it was done. The author's years of grinding out network television soap operas has hone him into a master of the cliffhanger.
Start to finish, I was loathe to set down this totally compelling tome. Now I want to read everything that Racina has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spectacular Story, Jan. 8 2000
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Snow Angel is one of the most intense, exciting thrillers on the bookshelves today. With its compelling plot, gripping pacing and perfect writing, the story rises far above the formula that a more compromising author would have fallen back on. Suspense and energy radiate on every page, and the ultimate ruse carried off by the story's very appealing "woman-in-jeopardy" will stay in my mind forever. I can't say enough about this book. Buyers will not be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Good, Feb. 5 2002
Fatima Laham (south carolina USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Books that I usually read are about how the murder was done and the whole "whodunit" thing, so this book surprised me because I didnt expect to like it that much beacuse I found out who the killer was in the beginning of the book. It is one of my favoite books now!! The whole book was great and I thought I knew what was going to happen and it was surprising to find out what was really going on. I would highly recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling Book I couldn't put down!, Oct. 21 2000
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Snow Angel was such a good book, it was hard for me to put it down becuase I always wanted to know what would happen next. Some parts in the book like the death of Julia's Parents and the sex parts are a little to descriptive but it just shows you how sick Matt Hinson is. I liked it becuase some times your hateing the main characters and sometimes your cheering them on. Great book, highly recomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Riveting but logistical errors, Sept. 3 1997
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Halfway through this book, I felt overcome by irritation, frustration. Logistical errors include an angel snowglobe first referred to as given by Julia then pages later, referred to as given by Cornelia. This was glaringly apparent after two other minor 'logistical errors' I encountered. I fully intend to finish the novel because the story line is very good and the flow of the story is sustaining

5.0 out of 5 stars Twists and turns abound!, Dec 19 1997
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Hardcover)
I loved this novel! Just when you think you know what's happening, Racina throws you a curve--and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The element of breast cancer is odd for a thriller, but it works here and done masterfully. The author has created a psychopath you almost want to like, and it's very very creepy. The ending is sensational, guaranteed to leave you breathless. Read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A page-turner - could not put it down., July 26 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Snow Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Racina's writing is so visual that the story plays like a movie in your mind's eye. Gripping suspense - even though you know who "did it" combine with a climax that literally leaves you breathless. While some parts may not be for the faint of heart - this book is a really good read for fans of suspense and terror.

Snow Angel
Snow Angel by Thom Racina (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 25 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01