5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I liked the movie when I first saw it, so I thought I would try reading the book. Sorry for whoever the screen writer for the film was, but you completely destroyed an awesome book!!!! There was a lot more character development and details that were omitted from the film. The book was far superior!!!! Loved it!!
Published 4 months ago by Amanda Weir

3.0 out of 5 stars A clever book.
Even though I enjoyed reading this book, I prefer the movie (it brought the story to life & Angelina Jolie played the character of Amelia perfectly). It's a good msytery novel, unpredictable & detailed. But my favourite J Deaver novel is still The Blue Nowhere.
Published on Nov. 20 2002 by Bernadett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Nov. 26 2013
This review is from: The Bone Collector: The First Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Mass Market Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, May 29 2013
Toni Osborne "The Way I See It" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Book 1, in the Lincoln Rhyme series

Written in 1997 this novel introduces Lincoln Rhyme, a quadriplegic forensic criminalist as its main protagonist with Amelia Sachs, a 31 year old police officer, as its main character, along with them it showcases strong secondary characters in Lon Sellito, a homicide detective working for the NYPD and Thom, Lincoln Rhymes’ full-time care assistant. The movie adaptation starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie was made in 1999. To this day, this series is a success and still strong in the ratings.

In “The Bone Collector”, the plot depicts a frantic race to save lives and catch a killer , it has a generous hunk of CSI style forensics investigation, is action packed with a multitude of wild chases, some fascinating disclosures and a few gruesome scenes and the pages are filled with Interesting and colourful characters. We have drama and suspense everywhere and there isn't much down time for a breather.

Rhymes is a high-level quad, a man trap in a broken body with a sole falcon living on his windowsill as company and it quickly becomes apparent that he is a bitter, angry and aggressive, he is strongly considering suicide. When his loneliness is interrupted by his former colleague who needs help in an ongoing crime investigation his interest eventually peaks at the highest level, just what was needed for Rhymes set aside the decision of suicide. Assisted by the beautiful Amelia Sachs they track down a killer whose ingenious clues hold secret to saving his victims. There is a lot going on I will abstain to divulge in order to tease you….

This is quite a captivating story an absolute page turner …... “The Coffin Dancer” is the next to follow the Lincoln and Amelia saga and I surely will add it on my TBR list.

Too many books …too little time but never too late to read a good story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction to Forensics, Jan. 12 2013
This was the first novel featuring Lincoln Rhymes and Amanda Sachs. It is not as complicated as later plots, but enough to keep you turning the page. It is not followed exactly, in the movie, but I liked them both. I've always wondered why no one turned this couple into a TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy!, Jan. 27 2012
Product was as described, Shipping was pretty fast. I've read this book before and am gonna read it now for a second time. I absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good., Aug. 6 2003
This book is suspenseful and full of plot twists. The forensics make it very interesting, and it is much better than the movie. Buy this, and all of Deaver's other works, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The world of crime science, Nov. 7 2003
I like the story structure most. There are Killer¡s monologues and Lincoln Rhyme¡s deduction. It excites me to chase every wording and chapter by chapter. Sachs¡ adventures in venue are so attractive. I am interested in crime science now. Lincoln Rhyme¡s tragedy begins when he becomes paralyzed. Luckily, Amelia Sachs brings him back from despair. The bone collector loses his family accidentally and then embeds ¡¥revenge¡ in his entire mind. Bringing Rhyme to death becomes his aspiration. This novel surprises me page by page. After reading, I realize that meaning of life is contributing our talents to society, even our lives are coming to an end. Let¡s enter the world of crime science.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 : read this book! even if you've seen the movie, July 13 2004
Trouble (Hartford, CT) - See all my reviews
absolutely terrific. Even though I had seen the movie before I read the book there was still plenty more to the story. I wish I had read the book first, but it is still a must read for mystery/thriller lovers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ending different in the movie? (I haven't seen the film in a while, but while reading the book I thought "the bone collector" was someone other than the person it turned out to be.)

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, May 18 2004
By A Customer
How would you like to see the blood of the innocent shed? How would you like to hear the sound of human bones breaking? Or, maybe you'd like to feel the pain of your flesh being cut through to the bone?
Who thinks of these distrubing images? Why, it's none other than the images of (Unsub 823.) Who seems to like history and old things, but takes only random victims.
If you like mystery, suspense and thrills, you'll love this book just as much as I did. Everyone likes the movie, but I think the book is better. It has very detailed descriptions of everything you'd need to know about crime scenes and physcial evidence to last you a while.
Just when you think the case is solved, you find another clue that leads to other victims and perps. To find out who Unsub 823 is and which officer finds him you'll have to read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bone Collecter, Oct. 5 2003
Roger (South Salem, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The Bone Collecter, what a chilling name for a book? Well, it fits this book perfectly. While reading this book, I couldn't put it down, not even while walking through the halls of my school. Lincoln Rhyme and Sachs are a perfect match for this case. The book will leave you frightened to the bone, and looking behind you everywhere you walk. With Rhyme unable to go to the crime scenes himself, he recruits Amelia Sachs, a beautiful patrol officer. With stubborn Rhyme nearly yelling at her through walkie talkies, she works her first crime scenes, as well as the most important crime scenes at that time.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Bone Chilling" Mystery, May 20 2003
Jeffrey Deaver has weaved an intricate mystery that will amaze you with scientific detail and unexpected turn of events. The main characters, Rhyme and Sachs, seemingly have little in common. But as the criminal case escalates, their personas are drawn together in unexpected ways that reveal troubled, incomplete personalities that have been dealt harsh blows while living amidst New York City's law enforcement community. The bizarre behavior of the "unsub" is horrifying, yet creates an interest in why a man would be driven to commit such heinous crimes. As the tale builds to a climax and the perpetrator moves to complete his reign of terror, an unexpected twist will leave you fearfully grasping to protect your own neck. I plan to read the more recent "Lincoln Rhyme" novels written by Deaver as well.

ARRAY(0xb3467474)

The Bone Collector: The First Lincoln Rhyme Novel
The Bone Collector: The First Lincoln Rhyme Novel by Jeffery Deaver (Mass Market Paperback - March 2 2004)
CDN$ 11.50 CDN$ 10.35