5.0 out of 5 stars Bold and Encouraging
If you've lost a loved one, have psychic intuitive abilities that you are trying to figure out, if you are a fan of Jonathan Edwards or Tiffany Snow or Sylvia Browne, this book will be a pleasure. Understand what it is like to live the unique life, one where no path is there to follow, and the trail blazing is left up to you. We don't die! Just our body does! We should...
Published on Feb. 16 2005 by Tim Sutton

3.0 out of 5 stars Many interesting and unique ideas about life after death
The jacket on this best-seller reads: "...a book that will forever change the way you look at death-and life." Not a believer in the occult or mediums, I must confess Author Van Praagh changed my views. A medium is described as a sort of middleman able to interpret thoughts, feelings and sights from spiritual to physical life, according to Van Praagh.
Author Van...
Published on Jan. 3 2000 by James L. Grubb

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gift From Heaven by James van Pragh, Sept. 16 2001
Chrissie (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death (Mass Market Paperback)
My 14 year old tabby cat, Angel Indi, crossed over in on 4th June 2001 this year and I was inconsolable even though I'd been studying metaphysics for years, and knew that there was life after death - it all just didn't seem fair and the way that Angel Indi crossed over (he died from feline lymphoma which attacked his central nervous system in the last few days very suddenly - he had been in remission for months and we were doing well and about to stop chemotherapy and then wham ... it didn't make sense).
Anyway I stumbled across James Van Pragh's book Talking To Heaven (then again there are no coincidences!) and it immediately gave me comfort and I couldn't put the book down once I'd picked it up. I realised that Angel Indi was fine and well and from reading a lot of the readings that James gave to people which he outlines in his book, I drew so much comfort as the readings he shares with us in his book Talking To Heaven ranges from those who commit suicide, to having lost pets, children, familes, accidents, there was so much comfort in all of the readings as one by one I came to realise that death is just crossing over into the next life, being born into your next one and there is no pain when it happens; and they are met by people within the family and whom love them, and they are taken care of; and they miss us and are waiting to be reunited again with us; and they are with us daily, as much as they can; they are just not in their physical body anymore.
After reading James Van Pragh's Talking To Heaven, I have been watching John Edward's Crossing Over series on tv and that too has been a wealth of comfort. James van Pragh has certainly helped heal that wound in my soul and I am very thankful that he went ahead and wrote and published Talking To Heaven.
If you're hurting from the death of a loved one, I know that James van Pragh's Talking To Heaven will help you heal and bring you comfort knowing that your loved one is always around you and is safe and well and that you can talk to him/her whenever you want and they will hear you as they are always with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone of us has the Power of James Van Praagh, June 5 2001
Bob Waskiewicz (Wintersville, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talking To Heaven (Hardcover)
"Talking to Heaven" has opened my eyes to my Spirit and my Guides,or Guardian Angles.Everything makes sense after reading James Van Praah's Book.The good days,when everything goes your way,and the bad one's, when someone's trying to block you from doing something.I really wanted to know about my dreams.James tells us thats the closes we come to our spirit.When we dream about a family member,or friend that has died ,Its for real.There's so many wonderfull stories of people finding out that there loved one's are still with us in our everyday lives.The one that really touched me was Charlie.James had no idea who the spirit was,untill he was shown pictures on a refrigerator,and described them to Susan,the deaf woman who was there to find out if her loved one was alright.Charlie was her Dog.I almost cried.I have two dogs,and I know they have a soul.I was so happy to read that part of the book.James also teaches us how we can have the same power that he has,but you have to work at it through Meditation and other exercises.The main part about this book is what we already know.Love is the only way,through God.We are all part of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting the inner soul, Jan. 31 2001
Tina M Gassert (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talking To Heaven (Audio CD)
I have read James van Praaghs book Talking to Heaven. It is so comforting to read about someone who has passed over and know that they are with you always. When my mother passed away it was needless to say devasting and I felt such an emptiness and excrutiating pain inside myself. It caused me to question my life. What is it all about? Whats the point? Why am I here? The people we love the most leave us. I felt stranded. When I read the book so many questions were answered for me without me asking. It was so releiving! I now have a peace within and more of an open mind. I am not afraid to die anymore, because we really don't die we just change form and continue to learn. The greatest feeling is knowing we can still connect with our loved one. Life as we know it is not a dead end! Life does continue. We can learn so much if we stay open and listen to what their trying to convey to us. I have had too many experiences now with life beyond to know that what James writes is true. I look forward in meeting him one day soon. I have the upmost respect for him and only wish I could help people the way he has. That has been a hearts desire for me for years. Thank you for easing my pain James. I have such a humbled overwelming confidence now. Tina Marie Gassert

5.0 out of 5 stars James Van Praagh's "Talking to Heaven" --- a guidebook, Oct. 20 2000
Linda Hartley (Arizona, United States) - See all my reviews
"Talking to Heaven" came to my attention, as part of my spiritual journey led me to information that explained the things that continued to happen around me, as my son Jason and I began a new way of "being" together after his transition to Heaven. Many things happened and I was always led right to the source of information that I needed, at just the right time, by following what "others" around me suggested...following only the things that resonated in my heart. I find James Van Praagh to be sincere, and humble in a very likable way,and his manner of sharing his gift of healing resonates in my heart, assuring me that he is truly genuine and I appreciate the information he shares. I believe he speaks the truth when he mentions an "inner knowingness" as the way to access this information, and all of the things happened before I read this book, and I assure you that we are definitely connected to our loved ones always, in "all ways" and gifts of love are the blessings we receive from our loved ones when we realize that being "aware" in a new way and trusting our feelings is all we have to do...just believe!

1.0 out of 5 stars Trying To Help,,,but left with questions, May 7 2000
I believe that James Van Praagh in his own way is trying to help people,but to me it feels like another fad spiritual journey book as many others are and the book has the same basic foundation of death,white light and reincarnation,and it leaves me with the notion that this is a recipe,a sort of generalization of the afterlife,all is rosy and happy and we float in a mist til the next earthbound life and go through the same cycle over again until we get it right.
For those who do not believe in reincarnation,the book just doesn't do it for them,it leaves them with questions,because aren't Heaven and Hell and Reincarnation at the cores,,,religious beliefs? We get reincarnation from the Hindus and Buddist and while we should respect those religions we need to get a good look at how this book is based on just more philosophy and what MAY happen and not about what may REALLY happen after death.
The truth is,would I make much money if I were a medium and did NOT believe in reincarnation? Probably not,because reincarnation is a cultural fad at present and the mediums who believe in it are more in favor of the public than I would be in,because of my lack of belief in reincarnation the public would not favor my advice and probably not buy any of my books.
Plus I saw a post on this site about a person who's sister died and they are sad that their sister may be floating around in white light doing nothing,,that would leave me concerned as well, because we all need to be active and learning no matter on what side of life we may be in. I'd guess the sister would be busy and active and would be having a very meaning life on the other side,,I'd take this book with a huge grain of salt and alot of thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars STILL A WINNER: THIS BESTSELLER WILL BE A BEST BACKLIST, May 3 2000
George Dalzell (LA, CA United States) - See all my reviews
James Van Praagh was the most visible and daring medium of the 20th Century, and TALKING TO HEAVEN was the book that galvanized America's attention to this subject.
This book is a first, and brought Van Praagh's remarkable talents from behind the scenes and into print to allow the reader to formulate his or her own judgments regarding remarkable claims of communication with those in "an afterlife."
As a mental health professional who has interviewed close friends and sitters who have had readings from Van Praagh in Los Angeles, I have seen enormous therapeutic gains in some cases as a direct result from Van Praagh's work. TALKING TO HEAVEN offers top notch case studies and an accurate history of Van Praagh's background before going public on TV to perform demonstrations for millions of television viewers.
My personal belief is that TV is not the best medium for mediums, while books are (next to private readings). And this book is a winner from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Place at the Right Time, May 1 2000
By A Customer
I was in the airport on a layover while on my way to New Mexico to help my sister with her dying husband. While filling time I wandered thru a magazine & book shop, and found myself in front of a book named TALKING TO HEAVEN. I picked it up, read a little and purchased it. I read part of it on the plane and the rest while at my sister's. Just before Tom died, I had a conversation with him and asked if he was afraid, gave him encouragement, and told him I knew his beloved mother would be there to help him cross. He thanked me, and then smiled. I felt it helped him pass a bit less afraid, and maybe even a little anxious to see his mom. Just this past week, I had a simular conversation with my 40 year old niece just before she died, telling her that her sister would be there to help her. She squeezed my hand and passed on three hours later. If this really helps, and it certainly seems to, I owe it all to James Van Praugh's willingness to share his story in Talking To Heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting and Healing, April 9 2000
I am very aware that many people will believe this message and many will not. I want to take this review to a place that makes sense for most people. It doesn't matter if you believe James Van Praagh is talking to people in Heaven or not. To me, his take on Spiritual themes are very accurate. For me, a good guide to quality spiritual books is to look for those who promote love and not fear. If a book is filled with fear, this is not one that will promote peace and truth. I find his message filled with unconditioned awareness that is the essence of soul. In Mr. Praagh's words, I hear a strong sense of humble gratitude for his gift and not arrogance that would lead me to think he is false. I highly recommend this book to anyone searching for a sense of meaning and hope beyond this life. This book is not written to be a practical caregiving book. This book relates more to the spiritual side of people searching for comfort and healing. -- Samuel Oliver, author of, WHAT THE DYING TEACH US: LESSONS ON LIVING.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting and Healing, April 9 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Each to his own, March 22 2000
By A Customer
Having lost several loved ones over the years has made our family somewhat sensitive to the subject of DEATH. To all those disbelievers & Bible thumpers I say "hogwash". Were it not for our strong belief in the afterlife & people like James Van Praagh we would never have survived the death of our son in a freak car accident at the young age of 21. I wish I had room to list all the messages he sent us letting us know he was alright & did not commit suicide as I originally thought. This is something I did not tell a soul & kept inside for many, many months! Our daughter, his sister, who was 16 at the time had a hard time understanding the why's & how's. He was her best friend, her confidant & wasn't sure how she was going to go on so we finally took her to see a psychic I had been seeing for over 10 years. I did not know that she also channels until our son came thru her to explain everything to our daughter. He also told her to "tell Mom that he did not commit suicide; it was just his time to go". Imagine her shock to find out that's what was on my mind.
It's been 5 years & a day doesn't go by that he is not missed. Again, we send our thanks to James Van Praagh for helping us live thru the dark days & nights. We first learned of his abilities right after his death & seems like every time we turned on the TV there was a talk show featuring him. And if it wasn't him it was stories about angels. We felt that was our sons way of contacting us.
I can't wait for all the nay sayers trying to prove him a fraud; cashing in on us "poor, can't spell second class citizens" when they finally cross over & are met by all their loved ones!
One more thing, one of the occasions when our son came to us to let us know he was o.k. he was accompanied by our beloved cat who had passed away 2 weeks before & slept with him every night. It was comforting to know they are still together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death by James Van Praagh (Mass Market Paperback - Oct. 12 2001)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54