5.0 out of 5 stars emotionally packed
Published on July 17 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars a real disappointment
I've read all of Catherine Anderson's books, and by now I can practically write her plots for her. All of her characters are interchangeable, the women are completely helpless (although they are supposed to be strong and independent). But this book takes the cake. While I applaud the author for her use of disabled people, the writing for these two characters drove me...
Published on Jan. 19 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars emotionally packed, July 17 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
While I agree with cheshirecat that it's not a great thing that Bess goes behind Carly's back and so does her father there was a point. Carly was being stubbornly independent and refused to see the whole picture. She couldn't raise a child both financially and physically with out Hank's help and Bess could see that. Bess went behind Carly's back because she was Carly's friend, not because she felt Carly was stupid or couldn't take care of herself. Same thing for Carly's father.
Aside from that, wow! Amazing book. Very emotional, I cried and laughed and my only regret is that we don't hear more about them in Bright Eyes (Zeke's Story). The characters, even secondary ones, are well developed and you really relate to the heroine (emotionally anyway).
Plus it was just fun seeing the whole Coulter gang again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite of her Coulter Series, June 13 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
This is my favorite book by Catherine Anderson. The fact that the leading lady was blind touched my heart in more ways than I can even say. This book touched so many emotions so deaply. One page I would be laughing (just wait until the driving scene), and the next I would be bawling.
Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming, powerful, & informative, June 6 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
Catherine Anderson has a way of creating characters that feel like family. You are right there with them feeling every emotion and stuggle they are going through.
Catherine provides extensive information about Carly's blindness and what she has to face. And Hank is just the man to stand by her.
I found the ending to be powerful and emotional. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, powerful and informative, June 6 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
I just love how Catherine Anderson can create characters that feel like family. You are right there from beginning to end, experiencing the stuggles and emotions they are going through.
In "Blue Skies," Catherine Anderson has done extensive research on the type of blindness Carly has, and you come away with a better understanding of what she has to face. And Hank turns out to be the best guy to stand by her.
I found the ending to be very powerful and emotional. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yeah., May 27 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
Carly wants to see everything now that she is no longer blind, and one of the first things her eyes fall on is well worth a second look. Hank Coulter is all man, and their dance goes from the barroom to the bedroom. Then, soon after, Carly discovers she's pregnant, and though Hank made a big impression on her, he can't even remember her name when she calls to tell him. To make matters worse, pregnancy will probably undo all the surgery's miracles, leaving her blind once more.
Hank's memory needs some work, but his honor functions well. He immediately wants to do the right thing and marry Carly. She agrees out of need, but as Hank spends weeks caring for her and showing her all she can see before the world goes dark, convenience turns into reality. Hank's world is full of innocent peril, forcing Carly to choose love or life.
(...)Catherine Anderson's name on a book is all that is needed to assure readers of a story that goes on the keeper shelf. It will always be heartwarming, filled with characters who jump off the page to your soul. (...)
(...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!!!!!, Feb. 19 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
I thought this book was great!!!! Couldn't put it down, I don't know why others didn't like it. I can't wait for her next book. Keep up the good work Catherine!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Even Finish It, Feb. 10 2004
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
With each successive novel I read by Catherine Anderson, I get more and more disgusted. I find I cannot tolerate her to-good-to-be-true heroes any more. The heroine is always stubbornly obtuse when it comes to her own welfare and the great looking, nice hero has to bend over backwards to accommodate her. That just isn't reality. I think Sweet Nothings was the best of this series; the rest aren't worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lyn-A Catherine Fan, Jan. 22 2004
Lighthouse Lady (Melbourne, FL (USA)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
What is there NOT to love about Blue Skies and all of Catherine's books?? She knows how to take a tragic situation and turn it into a wonderful romantic 'informative' story. She does so much research into a medical situation and comes forth with all the correct information about it and turn it into a wonderful interesting book that you just can't put down till the last page is turned. Keep up the great work Catherine.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~ Wow What A Story ~, Jan. 20 2004
Lisa (Alhambra Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
Catherine Anderson as done it again, Wow what a story! I enjoyed reading this book, to think that there are Carly's out there going through what she went through, I don't know if I would of taken it so good going blind again and missing all that is beautiful in the world, I have learned a lot from Carly and what she has went through, now tell me who wouldn't love to have Hank as a husband I just fell in love with him, you could feel the love that he has for Carly and how bad he felt the way they met, when he was looking for only one thing and one thing only and never looking back, I like that way he stay and handle his responsibility's a very good read, Thank you Catherine for Blue Skies that we get to see in this book.
Happy Reading Lisa

5.0 out of 5 stars Controversial., Jan. 20 2004
"polarbunny" (Canada the winter country.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Skies (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow, way to go Catherine Anderson, your book has been out since Jan 6 and already nine reviews!! From what I can gather your readers either hated the novel or loved it. I fall in the second category. I loved it! It may have been heavy in medical terminology but it was never boring!

Blue Skies
Blue Skies by Catherine Anderson (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 6 2004)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54