Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on May 6, 2007
I found this to be a very inspiring book for parents with children of all ages. It sets the bar high but also shows us how to work towards that. If we expect little then we also achieve little. It is an excellent guidebook for parenting with all your heart. He gives examples from his faith and passions but the book is written for you to implement your own faith and passions. I have read it several times already and it reminds me to be a kinder, gentler, and more effective parent.
on June 9, 2010
I felt really inspired to interact with my kids more effectively and connect with them more intimately. The problem that I find is that with very tired parents, it is very difficult to be energetic all the time. The book deals with what seems to be older kids... Our kids are little and yet they are just full of energy and constantly want to do all kinds of things, and get easily bored... So it is difficult to keep up with them and difficult to get a wide range of activities to stimulate them. So in a way Mr. Boteach inspires us to do all those but he comes up short with concrete ideas to give to parents--especially with young kids. We like certain rules like no tv during the week, no boyfriends/girlfriends and no sleepovers... These are very sensible rules. You cannot possibly control unspeakable traumas to young kids when they are not near you. Anyhow, this is one of the best books to read for parents.
on August 2, 2009
Great read for anyone who is looking to get "back to basics" with their family. A main points of this book is that families are too spread apart these days; with kids spending more time with peers and coaches rather than with their parents. He encourages families to rekindle their connections with each other by spending more time together as a family, by sharing each others' passions and creating traditions together. Some ideas might seem a bit extreme for some(no TV during the week, any extracurricular activities take away from family time) but the idea is there for anyone to modify to suit their own family.
on August 21, 2014
love rabbi Shmuley, the book arrived as it was advertised, thanks!