Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Kindle Cook Music Deals Store Cycling Tools

The Dead Girls' Dance: The Morganville Vampires, Book II
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:$7.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
Hold on to your fish-net stockings because the action in THE DEAD GIRLS' DANCE starts on the first page and never lets up. The story begins exactly where the first book in the Morganville Vampire series, GLASS HOUSES, left off. Claire, Eve, and Shane are in shock over what Shane's father and his buddies have done to Michael.

Shane's father has returned to Morganville with one thing in mind: He wants to kill as many vampires as he can, even if he gets killed in the process. After the trauma Shane's family went through with the loss of his sister, and, subsequently, his mother, Shane and his father have cooked up a plan for revenge. Shane's phone call to his father sets the plan in motion and once his father arrives, Shane realizes what a mistake he's made.

The protection Claire, Eve, Shane, and Michael have under the Founder is in jeopardy now that Shane's dad is causing problems. If they are thought to be involved in any kind of plan to kill the vampires, their protection will be removed and it will be open season on the occupants of the Glass House -- and believe me, there are plenty of vampires and people in Morganville who want to see them dead. When one of the most powerful vampires in town turns up dead, Shane is accused of the crime and sentenced to death, and it is up to Claire and Eve to find a way to save him.

Readers will enjoy it when Claire's nemesis, Monica, gets a little of what's coming to her when the tables are turned and she is put in the victim role. Also be looking for relationships to blossom over the course of THE DEAD GIRLS' DANCE, both in love and friendship. We also meet a new, likeable character named Sam. He offers aid to Claire and Eve when they are in desperate need of help.

The only drawback with this book is that it isn't a stand-alone story. In order to understand the reasoning behind much of the action it would be better to read the first book in the series, GLASS HOUSES. However, in my opinion, this isn't a major drawback at all since it leads you to another great book by Rachel Caine. THE DEAD GIRLS' DANCE is one of the best books I've read, and the shocking ending will leave you panting and begging for the next installment.

Reviewed by: Karin Perry
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am so glad I decided to try this series. I have just finished this book and have ordered the next 3 and it's going to be awful waiting for them to come in the mail. It's very easy to fall in love with all 4 of the main characters in these books; they all have such a big part in the story. It wouldn't be the same with out any of them. This book was no different from the first as far as suspense goes; maybe this one even had me on the edge of my seat more. The love and friendships are growing, and being tested at the same time.

There are some definite good twists in this book, some good and some bad but all enjoyable to read. I find that this story makes me feel so many different emotions while reading it and I love that. I haven't found a series that I've loved like this since reading books from my favorite authors Stephanie Meyer, Kelley Armstrong, Claudia Gray or Richelle Mead.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again