5.0 out of 5 stars Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel, Feb. 9 2013
This review is from: Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Paperback)
Well what can i say only i loved it. I know that who will read this autor will not be disapponited.

5.0 out of 5 stars This series is progressively getting better!, May 1 2011
Avery Greaves "Avery's Book Book" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
***May Contain Spoilers***

This book is frustrating to say the least- I don't know if I have ever so mentally and emotionally strained while reading a book I did while reading this. Whenever I became truly elated with what was happening between them Chloe would rip my heart out and stomp on it, leading me to throw my book across the room out of frustration and heartbreak.

And I am further frustrated because while I would love to see Merit and Ethan together mainly because they would be a super powerful couple, I am still not exactly sure how I feel about Ethan. I understand that his house has to be a big concern to him, but exactly how big? Can he not be selfish every once and a while and go after what he truly wants? Does he always have to make sacrifices? Also, I am somewhat wary of their relationship because what would stop ot from ending like Ethan and Lacey's did (especially taking into consideration that it does seem like Merit is going to be made into a Master, like Lacey was, which will eventually separate her and Ethan as their have to look after their respective houses)? Despite my frustrations I do believe that this book is exceptionally better than the second book in the series, "Friday Night Bites", however not as good as the first book in the series, "Some Girl's Bite".

I was really glad to see Jeff play a larger role in this book than in the previous ones- I find him to hands down be the most intriguing character (I wanna know what he shifts into!). I think that in this book he became so much more than the quirky/ nerdy boy that we saw in the earlier books- he really pulls out his kick-butt, and dare I say, almost dangerous-bad-boy side. I also think that Fallon is a pretty kick-butt (I suppose that being in the female child in a family of boys would force her to become pretty kick-butt) and intriguing character, I can't wait to see how her and Jeff's relationship develops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merit's Got Moxy!, April 20 2011
This review is from: Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Paperback)
Chloe Neill has certainly set herself up for the Grand Slam with Twice Bitten; book three of the Chicagoland Vampire Series! Readers will travel on a roller coaster of adventures and emotions that will have us all eagerly anticipating the 4th book of the series, set to release in July 2011!

Merit continues to mature as a vampire and to build upon her latent abilities in an effort to become a valuable member of Cadogan House, as its Sentinel. Neill's ability to clearly convey Merit's experiences, both emotionally and physically, entice readers to cheer Merit to success and to adore her as a wonderfully strong, yet sassy, heroine.

Ever present is the battle of wills between Merit and Ethan Sullivan (Master of Cadogan House). She may be stubborn in her fight to protect her emotions, to keep her focus on becoming a talented and effective house Sentinel; but, even stubbornness and unfailing determination won't be enough to hold Ethan at arms length forever. Now, if they can both just get past Ethan's deep-seated (although somewhat misguided) sense of duty to the house, maybe they will finally be able to deal with what has been right in front of them the whole time!

In Twice Bitten, readers are further introduced to a myriad of supernatural characters whose politics and very way of life seems to have collided with that of the Vampire community. Once again, Merit, Ethan, and crew team up for a nail biting adventure that will keep readers on their toes, flipping pages, and most certainly ruing the chimes of the late night hours. Personally, the very thought of having to close the cover and place the story aside in an effort to catch a few Z's was almost depressing. It was like when you've become totally captivated by a great movie and the power suddenly goes out! Ugh! Counting the minutes until I could once again "crawl between the covers" of Twice Bitten made for a very fitful slumber!

Three cheers for Chloe Neill and the Chicagoland Vampire Series!

Lastly, I have one more thing to mention...I simply can not resist..."Nanner, nanner, nannerrrrrrr! I know what Merit's name is!...Nope! Can't say! Run out and grab your copy of Twice Bitten today and you'll find out!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet!, Nov. 18 2010
Rory Girl (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Paperback)
I think Neill is really hitting her stride with this installment. The evolution of Merit and her relationship with Ethan dominates this book. The shifters are in town and request that Merit and Ethan provide security for their clan meeting. Forced into close quarters together they have no choice but to struggle through some of their emotional issues. The suspense plot was well done and there was a lot of world development in this installment, outside of the vampire realm. I can't wait to see what Neill has in store for Merit next.

I would recommend if you are new to the series that you start at the beginning for this one. It will make the ride that much more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Sept. 11 2010
This review is from: Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Paperback)
Merit and her Master vampire have a love-hate relationship. Merit isn't sure how to evolve apart from the relationship, and she's not sure she wants to try. However, something more important catches the attention of the vampire community - the arrival of the werewolves for a meeting about their future.

The Alpha werewolf extends the hand of interest to Ethan Sullivan and Merit. They attend a meeting of the werewolf clan heads, only to find tempers raging and the night ending with disaster.

Now, Ethan and Merit must act as guards for the Alpha while trying to untangle an attempted murder, as well as figuring out the future for the werewolves and thus the entire paranormal community. In a previous war, the werewolves let the vampires take on the humans. Now that the world might be on the brink of war once again, will the werewolves stay and fight, or will they disappear like they did before?

With tensions at a boiling point, Merit's having issues finding an outlet from work. Work is crazy. Her love life is a disaster. She's in a fight with her best friend. Will all these issues add up to Merit doing something reckless and endangering herself?

An adult novel from a crossover author (Ms. Neill's YA debut was FIRESPELL) and the third in the CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES series that's hard to put down. There are so many things I love about this series, but mostly it's the relationships: Merit and her relationship with Sullivan - the snark and verbal sparring and their tension, Merit and Mallory's relationship, and Merit vs. the world.

I can't wait for the next book in the series!

Reviewed by: Jennifer Rummel

ARRAY(0xb3c25df8)

Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel
Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloe Neill (Paperback - July 6 2010)
CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36