5.0 out of 5 stars Fall of Giants: FANTASTIC!
Years ago I read a few of Ken Follett's thrillers: Lie Down With Lions comes to mind. I think I also read Key To Rebecca and Man From St Petersburg. Honestly, they were fun reads but none of them got under my skin like Pillars of the Earth released in 1989. Or eighteen long years later, World Without End.

I suppose Follett is best known for his thrillers...
Published on Nov. 23 2011 by Deborah Serravalle

1.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT
With some interest, I downloaded Ken Follet’s Fall of Giants to my Kindle, and added Winter of the World to my Wish List. Having read Herman Wouk’s masterwork on the Second World War (The Winds of War, and War and Remembrance) several times, I was looking forward to Follet’s perspective. But I was disappointed.

On the positive side, the writer...
Published 20 months ago by R. Cottrill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 512 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Detail!, April 8 2012
An absolute masterpiece. The incredible details regarding such events as women's suffrage, World War 1, the Russian Revolution, the rise of trade unionism, "upstairs-downstairs" - all interwoven with historical figures and a very real cast of inter-related fictional characters.Don't be put off by the 950+ pages. This is compelling reading.Can't weait for volume two!

3.0 out of 5 stars This Big Boy wasn't a favorite..., Nov. 11 2010
This book took me less time to read than I had anticipated. It was simply because I speed read through most of the 'war sections'. The story line was most interesting and for that reason I stuck with it. Anyone who is a 'war buff' would likely get much more out of this book than I did. Pillars of the Earth was more enjoyable for me to read, than this one was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall of Giants, Jan. 21 2012
This review is from: Fall of Giants: Book One of the Century Trilogy (Paperback)
A very well written book. It keeps the reader turning pages to see what occured to the hero/heroins. I learned more about the mining industry and a different kind of War. If I may make one tiny comment, it would be for me, too much War going on. It was a little bit too much. However, it kept me interested till the very end. Wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars so awesome, Nov. 15 2011
so amazing i could not go to bed i stayed up for days reading this novel. i think i have insomnia now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Follett has put together an amazing story that we follow through the years and have ..., Nov. 5 2014
Mr Follett has put together an amazing story that we follow through the years and have a hard time to put down. we begin to know the families involved and how their lives are impacted by events that have really happened. they may not be real, however all the events are!!!!! I have read the first 2 books and cant wait to read the third .

5.0 out of 5 stars Ken Follett the master of history novel, Feb. 2 2013
I love Ken Follett history novels, he has a gift with story telling and we can learn at the same time. His knowledge of history is amazing. I am so happy that he decided to write about modern history, I have read all his medieval books, which I will reread all over again. His books has a place on my shelves for ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall of Giants....book one, Dec 2 2012
I give this historical novel Fall of Giants five stars because Ken Folett has the ability in his writing to transport me to the time and place, and to feel and see and hear and understand what is going on with the characters. I get to travel in the comfort of my home and to produce a movie in my mind...wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars FALL of GIANTS, Nov. 14 2010
I WANTEDT AND WAITED FOR ANOTHER KEN FOLLETT BOOK SINCE "WORLD WITHOUT END" PLUS ALL THE OTHER FOLLETT BOOKS I HAVE READ AS I AM A TOTALY DEVOTED FAN.

THIS BOOK IS OF THE SAME CALIBRE OF HIS OTHER WORKS.

I AM ENJOYING IT SO MUCH AND FIND IT HARD TO PUT DOWN, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE.

LEN HELSING

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful book. It has a lot of history and ..., Sept. 5 2014
This is a wonderful book. It has a lot of history and brings these events to life in a way that one practically is there. I am looking forward to reading more of Ken's stories, but they are a bit expensive, although well worth it. Well done, Ken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall Of Giants; Ken Follett, Jan. 19 2011
Linda Moon (Toronto) - See all my reviews
A thoroughly enjoyable first part of a trilogy covering the century. It spans from America to England to Russia just before and during and just after WWI. Interesting how the families lives intertwine. I am looking forward to the next in the series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 512 | Next ›

Fall of Giants: Book One of the Century Trilogy
Fall of Giants: Book One of the Century Trilogy by Ken Follett (Paperback - Aug. 30 2011)
CDN$ 29.00 CDN$ 18.18