4.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Storm
Ace fighter pilot for the Coalition, Shaylah Graymist is given a slave as a reward, but she befriends him and as she learns more about him begins to question her loyalty to the Coalition and the passions between them burn out of control in this mesmerizing sci-fi romance.

Published 6 days ago by Evampire

3.0 out of 5 stars A great book
Well this is an older book that i had bought years ago and put on my to read shelf and then it got pushed to the back of the pile until recently, I'm very glad I found it. Its a very enjoyable quick read that has you cheering for the hero and heroine at one moment and the crying the next.
Published on July 28 2002 by Brenda Condit

4.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Storm, Sept. 11 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

This steady to fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers on the edge with lots of suspense, drama and romance. The well written scenes and details capture the imagination and the strong, compelling characters draw the reader deeper into the story as the suspense and drama adds lots of depth and excitement.

The attraction between Shaylah and Wolf burns hot from first glance but the fact that he is a slave puts walls between them that will be hard for them to work around even as their passions can’t be denied. The reader can’t help but get caught up in their story as the couple question everything they’ve come to know and dare to strive for the happily ever after that would be denied them. Wolf steals the hearts of the readers as he refuses to give in to the enemy no matter what they do to punish him and Shaylah earns admiration for staying true to her beliefs despite the world she lives in and when it comes down to it, having the guts to do something that would result in her death if she’s caught, which to me makes her a true hero.

The author has created a fascinating futuristic world with a dangerous and exciting element that takes readers on an adventurous ride through the galaxy. I was completely caught up in the story from the very beginning and the author surprised me with a few twists that I didn’t expect. I am looking forward to reading The Sky Pirate soon and I hope there will be more stories from this world as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great book, July 28 2002
Brenda Condit "satinskper" (Albuquerque, NM USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a a sci-fi/futuristic romance. The story starts off with the heroine, Captian Shaylah Graymist taking a much needed and deserved leave from her post. She is a decorated hero of the Coalition and her reward is Wolf, the hero of the story. Wolf is a slave who is kept in line with the use of a collar that can control his emotions and punish him if her doesn't please her. Wolf is from the planet Trios, a world that the Coalition savagedly destroyed and only a handful of people survived. He is a perfectly shapped man who has been used to pleasure many. and yet is is never allowed to have any pleasure or freedom himself. Shaylah decides to give him his freedom because even though she is part of the Coalition she hates it policies.
She must rescue him and together they must fight for his freedom and their growing feelings for each other. This is a both tragic and wonderously amazing tale of two people from different cultures trying to build a new one. I am so please i found this book and I'm looking forward to finding the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Step into toe curling romance among the stars!, March 15 1997
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
With a drop-dead georgous hero (Fabio eat your heart out) and a strong, smart, courageous heroine, how can this story miss? If you need to spend a little time escaping from the humdrum everday doldrums, this book will carry you away. It offers aventure and romance amid a backdrop of the brilliant stars of the Milkyway, with well written love scenes that will make your toes curl!

Wolf, who has lost everything and the valiant Shaylah, who is willing to give up everything, battle what seem to be insurmountable odds. Justine Davis spins an extraordinary tale, with a heroine in charge of her own destiny, willing to fight for what she wants, and the man she loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek meets Romeo and Juliet, Nov. 21 2001
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
As a sci fi fan and a hopeless romantic I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I liked the fact that the heroine was a high ranking captain and not a helpless 'damsel in distress'. And the big and powerful Wolf needed her help instead of the other way around. These two individuals were meant to be sworn enemies but fall in love instead. Who can hate a story like that? I have not read 'Skypirate' yet but it is next on my list. Wolf's description of what 'bonding to a mate' means was very moving. We should all hope for such 'bonding'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as THE SKYPIRATE, Oct. 26 2000
"glyneth" (Fall River, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
I read THE SKYPIRATE first, and absolutely adored it. One of my favorites of all time. So of course I went looking for the first book in this set. LORD OF THE STORM was a terrible disappointment to me. I found Shaylah's behavior just plain annoying, and Wolf's not much better. The best thing about it was seeing Califa (heroine from SKYPIRATE) as she is here, which makes a wonderful contrast.
For my money, get SKYPIRATE and pass this one by.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Sci-Fi romance of all time!, Feb. 7 2002
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
I also disagree with the reviewer who gave it 1 star. This book was much better than Skypirate! I would give it 10 stars if I could. If you can find a copy of this book, get it! It's even better than the Matrix of Destiny series (Knight of a Trillion Stars, Rejar, Mine To Take) which are my next favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, scifi and romance merge for great result!!!, Jan. 25 1998
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
If you can find a copy of this book or its sequel, the Skypirate, pick it up and get wrapped up in an all-out action adventure scifi romance. It
certainly is time someone combined the two, and
Justine Davis does it with flair, excitement, and
pure sensual heat. Both books are well worth
finding and reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than SKYPIRATE!, May 11 2001
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
I just had to rate this one 5 stars to cancel out the 1 star rating someone else gave it. I liked SKYPIRATE, but this one is my favorite. I wish more authors would write the futuristic plots. There's just something sizzling about sex on a spaceship.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, May 4 1998
K. Prins (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lord Of The Storm (Mass Market Paperback)
One of the best sci-fi and romance novels I've read in a long time. All the books in this series are worth it.

Lord Of The Storm
Lord Of The Storm by Justine Davis (Mass Market Paperback - June 15 1994)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01