Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Kitchen giftguide Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on August 2, 2003
This is the perfect ending to the McKenzie saga. Although I was hoping for a story about Sydney, Tia takes the main stage and runs with it. She is not immune to the hard times of the war, and makes a stand all on her own. And Taylor isn't too shabby himself. I wasn't able to put this book down at all. I think I read it in the manner of two days. Graham is a wonderful story teller.
There were some odd things that happened towards the end of the book, and I am hoping that it was the printer's fault and not Ms Graham forgetting her character names. Ian's youngest daughter is named Katie (I think), and at the end of the book is called Kelly. When Tia tells Jarrett she is pregnant again for the 5th time, Jarrett hopes that it is a girl after 4 boys--but Tia's first child is a girl.
The McKenzie saga is one of the best stories I have ever read. I am very sad to see it end. I hope that Ms Graham one day continues the McKenzie saga with the grandkids--Sean, Jamie, and the rest of the kids.
on January 23, 2000
What a fantastic finish to the McKenzie Saga. I will be extremely sad to see it go. I'm not a big reader. I found Runaway, in hardback, on a bargain books shelf last year. Being a fourth generation Florida native...I was interested right away. I couldn't put the book down. I was so excited later, after logging on to amazon to find that it was the first in a series. I bought the remaining four and read them in a week. It was so interesting to hear about places I've been or lived...I could picture it all happening in my mind. I was even more excited to see Heather Graham write Triumph...the final in her Florida series. Just like the others..I couldn't put it down. It told the wonderful love story between Taylor and Tia while keeping us up to date on the characters we'd come to love in the first 5 books. While I did enjoy the relationship between Tia and Taylor, it was somewhat predictable if you've read the other novels. In each novel, a member of the McKenzie family falls for someone from the other side (North or South). They hate each other at first...get married not long after they meet...and then spend the entire book in conflict...not admitting their love until the end. Still, it's a good read. I was however disappointed that the family tree wasn't finished at the end of Triumph. The tree was actually one of my favorite parts of the book. I enjoyed the series, but I do hope Ms. Graham chooses to catch back up with the McKenzies again soon. As she said at the end, the book ends just when Florida starts to become a major influence in the South.
on July 2, 2000
Triumph was book that I could not put down. When I first started reading the Mckenzie's I couldn't stop until I finished the series. When Taylor Douglas happens upon a rare beauty his body says go for it, but his mind is still aching for his dead wife. Tia Mckenzie thought she was rid of the man, her enemy, but when she ends up in his tent one faitful night, with her brother near by, she tells a lie that would change her life forever. The book was a good finish to the saga and also included the romance of Sydney &Jesse, Brent & Mary, Jerome & Risa, Ian & Alaina, Julian & Rhiannon. And the everlasting love of James and Teela, and Jarrett and Tara. It was a dreamer of a book that kept my heart pounding and my eyes glued. Heather Graham has done it again.
on March 30, 2000
I am deeply intrested in the Civil War, thus I found this particular book an extremley well written novel. I feel that the McKenzie fire burns brightly in Tia's soul. The novel is full of exciting events and heart wrenching details. I found myself torn between the two sides in the war, both the Confederate and Union sides. The passion and dedication that both Tia and Taylor felt for their causes made the story all the more intresting. It shows how a womans heart can soften the toughest of men. I found the novel exhillerating and found myself gasping for breath as if it were I that was being chased down by the Yanks instead of Tia. Tia is an amazing character with incredible stregnth. This is deffinately one of Heather Grahm's finest works.
on January 22, 2000
I have just finished Truimph, the final book (unfortunately) in the Florida McKenzie series. I thought it was wonderful. The historical footnotes tie into the story with amazing accuracy, as does the beatuiful description of the early Florida terrain. The story touches your heart, and entralls your sense of romance. It truely exemplifies the romance genre. Also, it finalizes the entire family, tying up the loose ends left by the other novels in the series. This family has now captured my heart as much as the Camerons of Virginia. I could only wish that the novels of these families and their exploits had never ended.
on September 4, 2001
"Triumph" is Tia McKenzie's story. Tia is Jarrett's daughter. Tia is just as headstrong and brave as those McKenzie men. Tia has a mission and sets out to get it done. She upholds her beliefs and her commitment to the cause she believes in. Tia's path crosses with Taylor Douglas. They are on opposite sides, but so are many close knit families and friends. Taylor succumbs to Tia's charms and Tia is drawn to Taylor. The two young people have many obstacles, but love is their greatest weapon. Will their love "triumph" in the end and overcome their problems?
on January 16, 2000
WOW ! What a finale to this 6 book series. I've read them all & couldn't wait for TRIUMPH. The story of Tia & Taylor, was a beautifully told romance. The book also kept you in tune with the other characters you fell in love with in REBEL, SURRENDER, GLORY and of course the ones that started it all, RUNAWAY & CAPTIVE. I could not put this book down, as with any other of Heather Graham's novels. The only disappointment is that the story of the MacKenzie's is now complete! Hats of to Heather Graham !
on February 22, 2000
The actress I have in mind for Tia is Charlize Theron. What I like about Tia is that she's strong and loving. What I don't like about her is that she doesn't keep her promises and she hurts Taylor. My favorite part is the seduction scene with Weir to save her father beginning on page 1 and returning to it on page 444. I love the conversation with her and Taylor and how she risks her life to save her dad and mom.
on February 10, 2000
Triumph was triumphant on many levels. The characterizations were believable and spoke to the heart. While the plot did tread down a now familiar path, the story was well written and proved hard to put down (I read it in one setting). Being rather disappointed in both Glory and Surrender, I was delighted to read the caliber book I have grown to expect from such a talented author as Heather Graham. Thank You.
on January 13, 2000
Truimph was a very good book. I was waiting for this book for a while, but thought that it would focus more on either Brent and Mary or Jessie and Teela. Both those story lines were books on their own. My only disapointment was Mary seemed very meek in this story then in Glory when she didn't Want Brent to know who she was. I am very soory to see these stories end.