Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Fall Tools

04 Glasswrights Test
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on July 3, 2003
I enjoyed this entry in the series, even if the plot did not proceed the way I would have liked it to (and that is the author's strength on this series). Rani is a strong character, with major flaws and each of the other characters has a unique personality and very fleshed out motivations. I don't expect epic world-building here, but the author has created a solid background and she is staying very consistent in how the geopolitical politics are playing out. Rani is growing and the world around her is changing based on her decisions and that makes a story well worth investing your time in. I look forward to the next book (slated for June 2004) or any other work of this talented author.
on July 3, 2003
on November 3, 2003
Rani is certainly not the girl she used to be in 'Apprentice', and the plot gets ever more complex. The love interests are getting more fleshed out, and once again, Rani gets out of an impossible situation. That's the good part.
On the other hand. Rani seemed caught in circumstances beyond her control, whereas I'd've preferred that Rani get much smarter. Why bring the baby in the first place, for example?
It also seemed too convenient for Rani to get out of things by absorbing a bit of magic power here and there.
It'll be interesting to see how things play out from here. I'd like to see more of Mareka and Tovin too.