Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on August 16, 2006
I loved the first one, couldn't get enough of the second and now I called in sick to work to read the third one! I could not put it down. I didn't even want to stop to eat...I was completely captivated and engrossed in this novel. Rachel Caine keeps on getting better as the series progresses and you just are so in love with these characters she's created and this fascinating world of Wardens and Djinn and Ma''s unbelieveable.

The situations Joanne face in this installment are graver than almost anything she's ever faced before...she gets the s**t beat out of her in this one...she's got in get to Vegas, get to Kevin (the little s.o.b.), free Jonathan, get away from the Ma'at, save David, save Lewis, save the world, save herself, relive some painful memories and confront a deeply disturbing past event.

It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions and left me feeling drained at the end, but it's just so completely fantastic. This is the way novels should enthalling that you lose yourself in them and everything becomes real, even the emotions. It was so sad at some points I burst into tears, and some parts I laughed out loud...I can't get enough of this series and I dread the day it will end, but I can only hope Ms Caine will continue to write such fantastic fiction for a long, long time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse