5.0 out of 5 stars Will Not Be Continued!
The story is excellent but be warned: it is definitely the first of a series that is unlikely ever to be continued. This point will frustrate some of you readers.
Published on Jan. 6 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars Obviously an early book...
Of course after enjoying most of the Anita Blake books (the first 10 are fantastic), I was delighted to find something else by Ms. Hamilton. It was obvious that the publishers printed this work just because it was a Hamilton work, albiet an early work, and they shouldn't have.
Published on July 8 2004 by CN

1.0 out of 5 stars Obviously an early book..., July 8 2004
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
Writing was okay, but I kept thinking that with all the references to earlier actions by the character that there was another book prior to this - which there isn't.
This is a good idea that was written by a freshman writer. Unclear plot and poorly structured.
Borrow it from the library and save your money for other books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Not Be Continued!, Jan. 6 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome awesome, July 13 2004
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
this book was the best book I've ever read from her. super fantastic!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's.. OK, June 26 2004
Alexandria L. Guth (Houghton, Mi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
Honestly, I don't really recommend reading this book after reading Laurell K. Hamilton's other books. It's OK, like I said, but not as fun, engaging or well written as her Anita Blake series (which I adore and highly recommend). I found the writting to be choppy and disjointed; it just didn't flow well.
For a first book, not bad... but you can definitely tell her writting style has changed and matured for the better with her later novels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money, May 1 2004
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read all the other Laurell K. Hamilton books, and enjoyed them for the most part. Since our library didn't have this book, I bought it. It really wasn't worth it at all. It could have been another writer entirely. The style was disjointed, there were too many loose ends, and there wasn't really much of a plot. If you're interested just because it's a LKH book, I'd advise against it. You'll be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book, ever!, April 8 2004
Nicole (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
I read Laurell's Anita Blake at first (Guilty Pleasures) and loved it so I was interested in buying more of her books. I was into vampires and the like at the time and didn't know about Nightseer, boy was I wrong. After I was done reading it, all I could say was 'Wow'. I had fallen in love with it. Ever since then I have read it about 15+ times and all in one sitting! This has become my favorite book! I have 1 copy of the original, 3 of the reprint and I plan on getting 2 or the soon to come new cover! Magic, demons, not much of her newer 'scenes' like in her recent books (which I like the books without them) but it does have one hunky elf ^_~ So far there is no sequal that Laurell has stated she is doing (yes she does have an outline though!) but I have e-mailed/posted on her board a couple times and I hope I wear her down! If you like if after you read it join me in doing so! ^^

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Fantasy Fan, But I Loved This!, March 14 2004
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
I prefere sci fi, action and romance. I only read this because I love Anita Blake, the author's other novels. This book changed my mind about the entire fantasy genre. I LOVED this Book. Read IT!
In the end, it feels like this book is an excerpt from a larger piece of work. More back story would be nice and the ending leaves you wanting more. It doesn't feel like a real ending.
Despite the lack of definite ending, I loved this book. READ IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars A horrible first book, Feb. 29 2004
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
I am a HUGE fan of Laurell K. Hamilton, but this book is terrible. Characters are not well formed, the plot is weak and the world/magic system is poorly explained. This is an obvious first try, as if it were written when she was a teen and reprinted later to make money off of her popular name. For a better idea of what she can do as an author, check out the Merry Gentry books or see her at her best in the Anita Blake books. I had trouble getting into the book, but kept reading because she hasn't let me down yet. I was seriously disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting MORE!!!, Jan. 3 2004
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book. I am waiting for the 2 new books to both of her other series so I found this one and picked it up. at first i was unsure of whether or not i would like it...ended up loving and if she ever decides to start another series she should continue where this one left off. was disappointed it wasn't longer and felt that the quest had just begun. Would love for a continuation of this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Everyone has to have a first book..., Nov. 30 2003
This review is from: Nightseer (Mass Market Paperback)
... and this was Ms. Hamilton's. This book was actually reprinted AFTER she became famous with the Anita Blake series. It is a nice story, but it's obvious why it was never a big seller. The story line is uneven and there seems to be too much background/backflashing information - as if there was a prequel no one told us about.
It's worth checking out at the library, but save your money for the first 8 or 9 books of the Anita Blake, Vampire Executioner series - a much better read.

Nightseer
Nightseer by Laurell K. Hamilton (Paperback - Feb. 3 2009)
CDN$ 15.50 CDN$ 11.19