march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 23, 2002
How can this possibly be a classic? Most of the time I had no idea what on earth the characters were saying. It's all in some kind of pirate-jive lingo. Practically a foriegn language. I thought that this was a childrens book. If I read this at the age of let's say 8, it would put me off reading for life. And it is so slow to start. I didn't enjoy reading this book and I was very disappointed. The drama is weak, the narrative is weak and boring. I felt nothing for the hero Hawkins. And towards the end it kind of built up to a big climax that never happened. I'd like to believe I read a fake version of Treasure Island and there is a much better and real version out there. But perhaps I should accept that this book, cherished and highly regarded by a lot of people, just didn't entertain me one iota.
on June 7, 1999
I have...It is the most boring book ever..everything is confusing and the story does not make a common sense or even an interesting sense...In other words: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! They talk about the Hispaniola(boat) for 2 chapters!!!! It is boring! I had to read that and I did not finish reading it...there are spider webs all over it. I do not recommend this book! I am a great reader, and I love to read books, but not Treasure Island.
on December 14, 1999
Oh my gosh. I f you are looking for an interesting book to read. Don't read Treasure Island. It is totally on a reading level for way older people. Not 7th graders. I had to read this book in class and it was so hard to understand that I gave up and fell asleep. Boring Book. I wouldn't even classify it as a classic. I would classify it as a good way to put yourself to sleep.
on May 29, 2016
The sticker on the back when removing left a big greese stain and took of some of empossing print. It was a gift so not all that happy with it.
on May 13, 1999
this is the most boring book i have ever read....the dialouge is so confusing,so my advice is don't waste your time on reading this book!
on August 5, 2013
Actual Book was too small. Can't read the print. The downside of ordering anything on-line.Had to repack and send to Mississauga. More trouble than its worth. just go to the mall.
on August 13, 2003
My daughter was assigned to read this book over the summer in between 4th and 5th grade. Although I know it is a great classic, it is extremely difficult to read, especially for her age. I am reading it to her and I, myself find that it is difficult to read and there are many words which I need to look up and many phrases which I cannot even lookup, so we are missing a great deal. I wish there was a modern American English translation available so that we could enjoy the story and not get so stuck on just trying to understand what is going on.
on March 31, 2000
Treasure Island, this classic novel by Robert Louis Stevenson, is filled with literary devices and suspense that keep the reader interested until the end. This irresistable book is a must read for all people who love an extraodinary, intense, and action filled novel. This book was the worst book I read. "Cries and confusion, the flashes and reports of pistol shots, and one loud groan, rang in my ears." this magic three that was used in the story gives the reader and idea of what was going on through Jim Hawkins's eyes.
on February 1, 1999
this book is mad boring!!! how can they even publish this??? i have to read this book for school and that is why i flunk my test. even the movie is boring!! if you want to buy this book, you can use it for a bedtime story. if it is not for your bedtime story, it is no use. so listen to me and don't buy this book!!
on August 21, 1998
I just got finished reading this book. I can't believe this was called a classic this book could barely hold my attention! The only one I liked was Captin Flint because I like birds but besides that I wouldn't read it! wait untill your older! my class read it and no one liked it! Alot of people told me that this book shouldn't be recommended to kids who don't like sea adventure, prirates, or anything under that category!