Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 15, 2009
I was hooked from the first page and read this series at a rate of a book per day. They are beyond brilliant. J R Ward has created an entirely new and unique world inhabited by the most complex, creative, and engrossing characters you could imagine. The Black Dagger Brotherhood is a group of extraordinary vampire males, not only for their fierce warrior calling, but for their individually unique histories. Each book focuses on another brother specifically, but they all combine to make each story satisfying, engaging, and believable. The first book, "Dark Lover" is an instant favorite, introducing us to Wrath, the Vampire that would be king, who meets his match in Beth, an independent and equally strong female who has yet to discover her true nature as a vampire. Their love story is brutally hot, sexy, sensual, loving, and fulfilling, bringing Wrath back to life and bringing him new purpose. The Brotherhood fights a common enemy, one as evil and cruel as could be imagined, set to destroy the insular Vampire community, one which exhist alongside, yet rarely intersects with the human population. As each book tells the story of another brother (Zsadist, Phury, Rhage, Thorment, Butch, and in later books Rehvenge, and soon to be published books on other members of the Brotherhood, you will find yourself falling deeper and deeper into this brilliantly constructed and erotically romantic world. I highly recommend this set, because after reading the first novel, you will want to know them all. They are not meant for young teens, and surpass numerous other sets in this genre as my new favorites. If you loved the Twilight Series, The Mortal Instruments Trilogy, The Sookie Stackhouse Novels, works by Karen Chance, or any other Vampire related romantic fiction, then you will be absolutely missing out by skipping this set. They are better than almost all the rest, and rank up with the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) set for raw sensuality and erotic content. Don't make the mistake of passing this set up, it is perfection you can hold in your hands and simply cannot put down, and when you are done, you will simply ache for more.
on December 20, 2009
This series is made of awesomesauce.

I was hooked right away and I read the books one after another and could not stop. I missed meals because it would take too much time away from reading. lol

The series is based around the Black Dagger Brotherhood which is a band of Vampire warriors that protect the rest of the civilian vampires from the Lessoning Society.

Each one of the books is dedicated to a Brother and the story is mixed in with each of the vampires taking a mate. Each story is unique and each story is completely addicting. After reading, you're going to want all your friends to read it too because you want someone to talk to about the series.

A couple of things I really liked - - Just because the next book has moved on to another Brother, J.R. Ward still includes the other Brothers into the book. When I read the first book, I fell in love with Wrath and Beth and didn't want them to disappear. I love that J.R. Ward still has them appearing in the other books.
Another thing I really like - - each character is so unique and when the group of Brothers are together talking and goofing around, you can tell by the dialogue who each one is talking. J.R. Ward is amazing that she can have a group of 6 characters in a room all talking and each one is so different.
Another thing - - yep the sex is awesome and not overdone. This is not erotica nor is the storyline focused around sex. There is a much bigger story in the books and the sex just nicely compliments the love that is felt among the characters.

So if you are going to get involved with this series, save yourself the time and money and just buy the boxed set. You will not regret it one moment.
on March 18, 2010
If you are the type of person that enjoys that feeling of being unable to put a book down while you are reading.....this is the perfect book series for you!! These books are by far the best vampire series I have ever read (I have read to many to count). I have read too many books since the beginning of this year alone but none of them have gotten me this unable to put the darn books down!! I just returned from a holiday in Mexico for 7 days and I read 2 whole books in that 7 days of heaven. Luckly my husband is not a conversationalist and enjoys the quiet time because he would have felt totally ignored that whole week. I had two days without any reading material but you can bet once I was home I continued my reading and the books did not disappoint me in the least!! My hat is off to J.R Ward on the abilty to capture your attention to the degree that these books do!! I will be watching to see if the series continues......with my fingers crossed!
on March 12, 2013
I found this series caught me quickly with the opening novel about a large, sexy, tormented vampire, who becomes king of the vampires within the Brotherhood. There are wonderful elements of loyalty and strength that come through with increase in understanding how the Brotherhood works. The underlying story of the Lessers, who are enemies to the vampires, which is the main reason for the Brotherhood and the fighting, temper the typical love/romance story. In each novel you get to know one of the members of the Brotherhood better, whether it is through past history, or a new love. When these vampires fall, they fall hard and without reason. There are some really steamy scenes and not with boring, safe language, such as manhood.
on January 27, 2011
I just got through the first book in this series and love it. The book was an excellent pace very imaginative and kept me coming back for more. Looking forward to the next books in the series.
on April 7, 2010
I really love these books! Each one has a diferent story about the Black Dagger Brothers who are tasked with protecting the vampire community from their enemies. Each of the stories is different and very thorough. The characters are complex, unique and seem very real as the stories are action packed and also go into their past to explain why they are the way they are.

Best read since Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse novels. Sexy and captivating; I couldn't put the books down (now I need to sleep)... but I can't wait for the next ones...
on March 19, 2010
this series was recommended to me by a co-worker who has a serious obsession with the series. i was wondering.. ok, they can't be THAT good! boy was i wrong.. i have read the entire set and lover ahvenged within a 2 week period. now i'm obsessed! unbelievably addictive, you wont be able to put them down! can't wait for lover mine.. i've already pre-ordered it!! definitely not the for the youngsters.. enjoy :)
on April 15, 2010
I have totally and completely fallen in live with all of J.R's caharachters. Primary and secondary, what a great group of Vampires... I have since passed the series on to 2 other friends who have just purchased their own copies! I am curious as to if she plans on continuing after John Matthew. keep up the GREAT work!
on October 30, 2010
I highly recommend buying this product if you like reading books from the start of a series. This particular set is so great as the characters are carried over from one book to the next. I also purchased the latest 2 of this series as I wanted to see what happens to all of the Brothers and the women they fall in love with.
on June 7, 2010
I have just latched onto the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and I can't put them down! I'm really not sure how I'm finding time to do this with a three month old, but I'm already on book three two weeks into owning the box set. Engaging, rampaging storyline that draws you into a world of aggression, eroticism and intrigue.