5.0 out of 5 stars FAT DAYS ARE OVER!
I used to be a fat lazy "Garfield" type cat. I am 10 years old and I hadn't played in almost six years because it was too much of an effort. My coat was brittle, full of dandruff and my belly nearly hung to the ground. I wheezed a lot since my belly was so big. My owners were very worried about me. They put me on these really expensive prescription diets that the vet...
Published on Feb. 1 2002 by K. Lordan-Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars questionable info
I have several objections concerning this book. My objections mainly refer to the diet section, in particular her recommendation of alfalfa sprouts. Alfalfa is listed among plants which are toxic for cats. There are other questionable suggestions concerning diet. Take everything with a big grain of salt.
Another objection is that her nice story with lovely happy...
Published on Feb. 8 2002 by Alek0

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cat Book to buy if you can only have one..., Jan. 13 1999
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
This enlarged and updated sequel to "The Natural Cat is a must for serious cat fanciers. Filled from cover to cover with everything you need to know to care for any cat, this book will inform and entertain you again and again. A good, comprehensive reference, written with great insight and sensitivity. As a frequent participant in Cat Newsgroups on the Internet, I often refer to this text as a good source for answers to many questions.
A worthy and important addition to any catlover's bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on Cats in general I have ever bought, Sept. 3 1998
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
I highly recomend this book. It has every thing the new and not so new cat owner needs to know about their furbaby. Helpfull tips on everything from living with your cat to how to take care of them and give them the best life possible. I love the tip on how to throw "cat kisses"!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to natural cat care, May 29 1998
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
This book became my bible for cat care when my 14 year old cat was diagnosed with "kidney disease". I had to give her "subcutaneous hydration" on a daily basis. Anitra took me through it step by step in her book (pg 235) and made a seemingly difficult procedure, simple, and life saving for my cat. She covers everything in this book from birth to old age and yes, death. Her views on the natural cat food diet, cat communication, grooming are just a few of the informative and useful features in this book. I marked this book from cover to cover and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves their cat and wants great advice on cat care.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very informative encylopedia of cat concerns and care., May 24 1998
selkatz@earthlink.net (Los Angeles, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
After my cat Maxie died, I knew I had to approach cat care wholisically. I read Anitra Fraizer's book and immediately took her advice on the fresh food diet and feeding routines for my cats. She uses laymen terms and her style of writing is easily understood so you never have to guess at what she is saying. I have 5 very healthly cats who are all the proper weight. The fresh (raw) food diet keeps their health and weight intact. Since the publication of her book, views on yeast for animals has changed and I have changed my mineral formula and am anxiously awaiting an updated book to see her new and improved ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly useful, practical book, March 8 1998
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
I read this book when my kitten was only 5 weeks old, so he has been raised using many of the authors suggestions. Being my first cat, I thought her advice was extremely useful, covering everything from home made food the easy way to avoiding smelly litter boxes. (use less litter and wash the box frequently... read the book for more!). My moggie is now 12 months old and has a coat with a deep, glossy shine. He is the picture of health and happiness. This is really the only general book on feline care that you need; combined with a copy of EveryCat for the veterinary side of things, you will be well informed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good health for all, Jan. 12 1998
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
I found this book very helpful in learning how to take care of my cats. Being a person who lives wholisticly, I only wanted the same for my cats. This book has great information which I found easy to incorporate into our lives. Adam Bernstein

5.0 out of 5 stars The most innovative, authoritative synopsis of cat care, July 16 1997
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
As the owner of 7 cats, I have had extensive experience in dealing with cats daily routines and unusual ailments. I have reviewed at least 30 books on cat care, and find this book to be a must for the home library. Writers Frazier and Eckroate present information in a non-threatening, informative,and unique manner. Every method I have ever tried for my cats utlilizing this book has proved to be accurate and helpful, no matter how unusual the suggestion. I personally have recommended this book to many cat owners, and have received only praise for the results

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding reading for concerned and caring cat lovers!, Sept. 25 1996
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
Are you looking for a more "natural" way to care for your little bundle of fur? Do you have questions about a particular treatment method or illness? This is one of the best books that I've read in reference to understanding and learning how to better care for that very special feline companion. From diet recommendations to learning the best method of administering fluid treatments, it has many answers and all in one place. It's been a lifesaver for my 17 year old cat and I'm extremely grateful to

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for providing healthy and natural cat care, July 26 1996
This review is from: New Natural Cat (Paperback)
Anitra Frazier has devoted her life to cats
and has learned from a great deal of personal
experiences with them. In this book, she
shares what she has learned from cats,
as well as seeks out veterinary
experts for their opinions. This book covers
all aspects of a cat's life, and concentrates on
preventative care for cats. She writes a good
deal about the importance of diet for cats and
even provides an alternative "super-finicky I'll
do anything for my cat" diet which consists of
homemade food. The unitiated may find her
references to visualization and flower essences a
little "weird," but she offers enough information
on more basic cat care needs to make this book
a must for anyone who wants to provide the
best care for their feline companion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

New Natural Cat
New Natural Cat by Anitra Frazier (Paperback - Oct. 1 1990)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.27