biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on November 5, 2015
Children The Challenge was written post WW2 and the Adlerian principles applied to parenting are as relevant today as they were in both the era of Alfred Adler and Rudolph Dreikurs. Many of the examples are outdated but just ignore them if they are irrelevant. Combine these skills with PET and you have a winning combination that will bring peace to your home and let your children up without many of the usual hangups.
on May 21, 2015
Great book that ALL parents need to read.
on May 1, 2015
I bought this book for a friend...it is an awesome guide to the everyday challenges of raising children...highly recommended
on October 25, 2014
A great aid for parents with "difficult" children. It is used by teachers and they feel it is helpful
on July 14, 2014
Excellent
on May 16, 2014
Great book; many practical examples that can be use on a daily base :) useful skills that can be used with kids and adults
on October 27, 2013
This book was one used while taking the ESE program at college. Reading it gave me the tools to circumvent any potential problems from bedtime to childrens demands that may be unreasonable. it is a positive, caring and loving but strict practice... try it on your husband!!! everyone has an option in any situation and Dreikers makes it easy for you to find the most positive solution for your children.
on February 22, 2011
My mother in law recommended this book as an essential read when my second child was born so to maintain the peace I bought it.

I read it and the first few pages had me chuckling with the slightly racist and very outdated references making me realize how far we've come as parent when reading some of the scenarios. I can truly say it would never dawn on me to leave my 3 year old in the car to watch my 1 year old while I go grocery shopping, nor would I leave a 8 year old in charge of an infant while I ran out and did errands but the majority of the book is brilliant.

I cherry picked things that I could use in my everyday life and found a significant improvement in my relationship with my children, a significant improvement in their everyday behavior and more harmony in the shared parent aspect with my spouse.

This book can be broken down into three components.

Outdated and useless, antiquated but sound, brilliant and timeless parenting.

An excellent resource tool for every new parent.
on August 20, 2010
I was happy to have finally gotten my book order, I thought it took a lot longer than it should have would,I guess it had to clear customs.
The books were in good shape but there was crayon scribble in one book which was a surprise to me as I would not have bought the book
had I known.
on March 30, 2010
This book is certainly showing it's age, but it is in it's dated and sometimes sexist examples rather than in the actual concepts. I actually started reading the book without knowing the publishing date, and I was shocked at how well the concepts have remained true despite the passing of more than 40 years!

My hybrid family has implemented this system with good results. There has been a marked improvement in harmony simply due to the fact that we have stopped sermonizing and have stopped intervening in conflicts between the children. Personal responsibility now plays a greater part in our household. Conflict has been significantly reduced and the general mood of the family is less tense.

This is not a particularly entertaining read - the style conveys the professional physciatric perspective and is dry at times. However, the information was invaluable for me and my family and I heartily recommend this book.