5.0 out of 5 stars When exercising a la Oprah wasn't enough...
Published on Aug. 5 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes are okay
I enjoy reading his books on his approach to nutrition, and would suggest them over the actual cookbook. There are some good recipes, but it probably wont' be my "go to" cookbook.
Published 6 months ago by Mary Nielsen

5.0 out of 5 stars When exercising a la Oprah wasn't enough..., Aug. 5 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The New McDougall Cookbook: 300 Delicious Ultra-Low-Fat Recipes (Paperback)
I was simply looking for a low-fat cookbook at the library, and happened upon this treasure. After only about a month of eating their food I'm a much lighter and a much healthier person. The only downside is that I have to put up with people looking at me cross-eyed because I dare believe that milk and meat make me sick. Try it. It works. And there's no hidden cost! Although this isn't really a 'diet program', it has the same effect, and there are no shakes to buy, or classes to sign up for. Just eat right and exercise... the eating right part is the big difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Easy Recipes for a Low-Fat Lifestyle, June 5 1999
By A Customer
This cookbook is great! Eating healthy never tasted so good. Meal preparation is easy, fast and uses ingredients that many of us keep on hand. There is a wide variety of recipes for every taste, and even a section of low-fat, healthful desserts.. yum! An added bonus - a forward by Dr. McDougall explaining his program for better nutrition and health. The first cookbook I have ever bought that doesnt contain recipes I wont use. No sifting through this one to find "something" to cook. Every dish is appealing, and I will use this cookbook for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cookbook --- even if you don't cook!, March 7 2000
annulla "annulla" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Dr. McD shares delicious, easy, healthful tips and recipes using inexpensive ingredients and simple techniques. Even non-cooks can follow these directions to produce food that tastes so good, your family will never guess it is good for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New McDougall Cookbook (20 years later), April 15 2013
The new McDougall Cookbook has good recipes. It is interesting to see how vegan eating has progressed. There was no mention of Almond Milk in this cookbook, it hadn't been considered yet as a milk alternative. I find it is helpful to have a variety of recipe books to go through to find the recipe that suits my objective for that day. It is also interesting to see how trim, fit and youthful John and Mary look 20 years later! The proof of the pudding is in the eating!

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes are okay, April 6 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Food is Delish!, Nov. 5 2011
Thanks to the Mcdougall family my family is well on there way to perfect health. I really enjoy the recipes and do not miss the animal based meals I usually eat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, Aug. 10 2014
If you are avoiding milk products and gluten, you'll be ruling out a lot of the recipes.

The New McDougall Cookbook: 300 Delicious Ultra-Low-Fat Recipes
The New McDougall Cookbook: 300 Delicious Ultra-Low-Fat Recipes by Mary McDougall (Paperback - Jan. 15 1997)
CDN$ 26.00 CDN$ 16.30