Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Fall Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on March 2, 2004
I saw this book sitting on my roommates table and decided to flip through it. First thing I looked at was to see if there was a section about Chile. Not surprisingly, there was one. After reading the couple of pages he wrote about the Chile, I felt like flying to London to kill the author. But instead, I settled with just letting everyone know about the outrageous lies that he writes. Although I have not read the rest of the book, just reading this section let me know about the stupidity and ignorance of the author. If you have read this section you will be fed with lies such as that Milton Friedman and the Chicago Boys produced a catastrophic economy in Chile...hmmm...that's a little hard to believe considering that Chile has the highest GDP (per capita) in South America, is the 20th most competitive economy in the world, and has the highest standard of living in Latin America. He also tells you how great the communist years were, which in reality were characterized by immense poverty, protest, corruption. The lies continue in each paragraph. Although I'm not pro or against any government in my home country of Chile, this book is an insult to it's people, and I have taken it very personally.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on June 22, 2004
Thanks God there are people like Palast who still can write about the ugly truth. So, although I agree with most of the points exposed in the book (that are very well researched), my two stars rating is not about the text, but it is due to bad writing style.
The book lacks cohesion and a smooth flowing of ideas. It seems a bunch of previous articles put together in a rush. The result is that it's not an easy reading or logical reading.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again