5.0 out of 5 stars The best one for a recent diagnosis, July 15 2003
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer my sister sent me this book. It was the first book I read about cancer. It help me to face the disease with courage and dignity. It inspired me to fight against cancer. I recommend this book to all who have recently being diagnosed with cancer. This book is awsome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope when you might feel hopelesness, April 8 2002
"koolanut" (North Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This book just help me realize that "cancer" didn't mean a death sentence.It gave an insight in the possibilties of helping yourself overcome the cancer. Finally it did wake me up and point me in a direction i wouldn't have thought of and hopefully people who read this book will feel the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, Aug. 19 2001
By A Customer
I bought this book when a close friend was diagnosed with cancer. I was looking for ways to be a better friend and support system for her. Later, when my uncle was diagnosed with colon cancer, I purchased a copy of the book for him. He feels it changed his life and also attributes part of his recovery to the book. Years later, he still thanks me for buying him this book and he also has bought several copies for others.

5.0 out of 5 stars should be required reading for every newly diagnosed cancer patient, Aug. 20 2010
This review is from: Cancer: 50 Essential Things to Do: Third Edition (Paperback)
I received a very shocking cancer diagnosis 5 weeks ago. I had no symptoms and no family or medical history. It was the classic kick in the stomach you read about. I am not quite 51 years old and in previous excellent physical health. After the initial 2 to 3 days of shock and denial and anger, I came to the realization all that would be pointless and energy wasting, so I went on Amazon.com and found this gem of a book which has changed my whole attitude from that of a victim of disease, to a mind of a person who will be a winner at this game. Every day I read portions of Greg's book, it is a part of a my wellness routine. I will be doing the conventional treatment offered to me which will involve saving my own stem cells, then putting them back into my clean body, and I say bring it on, it is the way back to wellness! After that the real game starts, the one the I have alot more control over, my mind, my spirit, my nutrition, my changed life after cancer where I no doubt will give things back to the rest of of my world that I have not even thought of yet! Thank you for this gem of a book, this positive life affirming ray of hope, many thanks to you for giving back after your own trip back to wellness Greg!

5.0 out of 5 stars Having Gone Through Cancer Myself - These Ideas Are Great, May 17 2010
I went through breast cancer treatment and did a lot of these things. I didn't have many side effects, my energy stayed high and I felt 95% just like normal the whole time I was going through treatment. If you have just been diagnosed with cancer this a great book to start with.

Kathy Browne
Cancer Survivor
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Dec 30 1999
Mike Donovan (Middle America) - See all my reviews
My mother was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. I bought this book for her thinking there would be some practical things within in which she might find helpful. It is all that AND MORE! Mom says the book has given her a completely new attitude towards her cancer. She now feels SHE is in control and can deal with whatever may come. I highly recommend this book for ANY cancer patient, but especially those newly diagnosed with the disease.

ARRAY(0xb8a525d0)

Cancer: 50 Essential Things to Do: Third Edition
Cancer: 50 Essential Things to Do: Third Edition by Greg Anderson (Paperback - Feb. 24 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01