march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on September 7, 2005
With so much interest in the market about peak oil supported by well documented books like Matt Simmons' Twilight in the Desert and Ken Deffeyes' Beyond Oil, I was looking for a book which could refute some of the claims of the peak oil enthusiasts.
I bought this book and was very much disappointed, as the book was of no help in finding any credible arguments against leading peak oil avocates. Unlike the title and cover photo, the book was very light on oil industry situation and forcasts and just had a lot of useless material.
I found this book to be a waste of time and I hope I could return this book to Amazon.
on July 6, 2006
I just finished this book and saw that the only reviewer rated the book as a 1. I could not let his review remain unanswered. If you want to focus on something as narrow as peak oil, you will probably be disappointed. However, if you want to understand the science and economics of energy and why the prophets of doom are always wrong, this is the book for you. This book looks beyond the obvious and helps the reader understand deep fundamental concepts relating to energy and economics.