4.0 out of 5 stars Healing Your Emotional Self, Jan. 3 2010
This review is from: Healing Your Emotional Self: A Powerful Program to Help You Raise Your Self-Esteem, Quiet Your Inner Critic, and Overcome Your Shame (Paperback)
This book has been helpful, informative and applicable to aiding the recovery from emotional abuse. It also is inspirational in making the reader aware of many aspects of the abuse and how to deal with it.Therefore it is useful not only for recovery but as an educational tool. It is enlightening but be prepared for some hard work. The book also affirms many of the experiences one might doubt as truly being abusive and helps one to recognize the signs thereby helping one to deal more effectively with current abusive situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!!!, Aug. 6 2013
This book really specifies the many issues in self image that even professionals do not. The program gets to the core issues and walks you through transformation in self healing... issues that you have absolutely no idea even exist because it's so far in your belief system. Absolutely amazing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a keeper!!, June 6 2013
This is one of those books that I know I will be referring to often and have already recommended to others.

I see so many elements of my life experiences within the examples she has shared although not to quite the same degree. It felt like she was writing straight to me in language and terms so easy to grasp. Her exercises are easy to follow and the rationale makes so much sense. Thanks to Beverly Engel, I better understand my patterns and how to go about changing them for the better. I better understand why I have felt about myself the way that I have. This book affirms many of the steps I've already begun to take on my road to emotional health and not only provides guidance on how to take it further, but also infuses me with a hope that is further motivating me to continue the journey...not only for my own well-being, but also for the health of my relationships. Thank you, Beverly:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Total eye opener to all things "self", March 29 2014
A must have and a re-read multiple times. Excellent reading and very informative. Best help I've gotten in a long time to better understanding myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey to self healing, Feb. 19 2014
Many great and amazing books to help change our life this is a most definite choice to have weather for yourself personally or for any self development and or professional in mental health area to have in hand...

ARRAY(0xabc6fba4)