5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Lindsay fan
I have been using Anne's cookbooks for years, and recently attended a cooking demonstration she gave in Montreal.
This is a great cookbook to have if you are interested in preparing and enjoying healthy and tasty recipes, with lots of information provided as well as useful tips.
Even 'though it is called "Lighthearted at Home" most recipes are great for...
Published on April 28 2010 by V. Doyle

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published on April 13 2011 by Reader48

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Lindsay fan, April 28 2010
V. Doyle (Montreal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay (Hardcover)
Even 'though it is called "Lighthearted at Home" most recipes are great for entertaining as well. I also like the fact that they are not overly complicated or terribly long to prepare.
A few we really enjoyed: Italian Vegetable Soup with Pesto, Red Lentil Soup, Lighthearted Caesar Salad, Chicken and Melon Salad, My Mother's Scalloped Potatoes, Broccoli and Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry, Speedy Lentils and Beans with Tomatoes and Cheese, Fettucine with Fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Shrimp, and Easy Linguine with Scallops and Spinach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love this cookbook, June 20 2011
Esme (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of Anne Lindsay's cookbooks. For one thing, they are all about healthy, tasty, good-for-you recipes. For another thing, she includes all the nutritional information for each recipe including calorie count. And for another thing all her recipes are easy to read and follow. i am also a big fan of the G.I. diet (or way of eating) and Anne Lindsay's cookbooks complement that approach perfectly. They are all heart-healthy recipes with an eye to good flavour, low fat and ease of preparation. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in cooking in a healthy way without sacrificing taste and flavour.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, April 13 2011
Often, cookbooks are beautifully produced. But I found the design of this one so not-beautiful; very unattractive. The page design is full of 1950s ornamentation and recipes are in RED. I might have been able to overlook the design (though I doubt it) if the recipes had all been from scratch. However, some of them included highly processed ingredients that I prefer not to use, so I sent this cookbook back.

Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay
Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay by Anne Lindsay (Hardcover - Jan. 11 2010)
Used & New from: CDN$ 45.60