Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools minions

Windows Server 2008 For Dummies
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$13.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 2, 2012
I am a beginner to Microsoft technologies, so I decided to start with this book to have a good idea of windows server before getting a more advanced book.
I have to say i was a little disappointed, because its more an introductory book for servers and networking more than for Microsoft specific aspects. The details about Microsoft server just throw a lot of buzzword without much explanation, so the did not serve my needs.
I have background on Linux and CCNA, so I am not a complete beginner, this book is probably for complete beginners who want an introduction to microsoft server with no practical training.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on July 25, 2013
I found the book too complex, with a lot of the detail and buzzwords difficult for someone brand new to Windows Server. I have a reasonable technical background but have never worked with Windows Server (had Novell) and wanted to get a broad perspective on the software and the setup. Decided to use the web and GOOGLE..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again