biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Paperwhite Furniture Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 2, 2012
I am a beginner to Microsoft technologies, so I decided to start with this book to have a good idea of windows server before getting a more advanced book.
I have to say i was a little disappointed, because its more an introductory book for servers and networking more than for Microsoft specific aspects. The details about Microsoft server just throw a lot of buzzword without much explanation, so the did not serve my needs.
I have background on Linux and CCNA, so I am not a complete beginner, this book is probably for complete beginners who want an introduction to microsoft server with no practical training.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2013
I found the book too complex, with a lot of the detail and buzzwords difficult for someone brand new to Windows Server. I have a reasonable technical background but have never worked with Windows Server (had Novell) and wanted to get a broad perspective on the software and the setup. Decided to use the web and GOOGLE..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse