march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 2, 2008
I am a new user of the Canon 5D. Previously, I have used a Canon EOS 35mm SLR and a Casio EX-Z750 compact digital camera. I have read a number of photography books lately but I have had this book for less than a week. I found it was very helpful in explaining how to use the various controls and settings on the 5D, and also gave insights into several digital photography issues.

In no way did I find that this was a book written by removing one camera model name and inserting Canon 5D. On the contrary it is written by someone who has intimate knowledge of this camera. I found the use of a mannequin face unhelpful in discussing the 4 exposure metering modes, since the results were almost identical and resulted in either speed A or speed B. A more complex situation might have been more revealing. I found comments on using the 5D and organizing the camera settings in fields such as portrait and landscape were useful.

I would buy this book again.
on May 16, 2009
This book is thoughtfully written, and doesn't dwell too long on one subject. The facts are laid out in a straightforward manner, and it is enjoyable to read. All terms are adequately explained, without the painful detail found in some books. You could (and I have) learn everything you need to know about the 5D and some advanced techniques by reading and rereading this book.
on March 19, 2016