march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Music Deals Store Introducing Kindle Oasis sports Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on October 30, 2002
We've used Frommer's books before, and enjoyed them, but found this book sadly lacking. It does help you pick out the highlights to budget your time, but too many other travel books exist that are simply better. We also found the maps sadly lacking when driving around the island, and at times were completely incorrect. Some information is out of date (hours of operation, prices), but no book is perfect in that regard.
We did greatly enjoy the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai Revealed book we used on the same trip. Unfortunately, this publisher does not offer a book on Oahu.
on September 12, 2003
I used this book during a week's stay on Oahu. Since it was my vist time visiting Hawaii, this book was adequate. It did not go into details on any one thing, which may be a weakness. The maps ware small. They seem best suited for walking tours, certainly not for driving purposes. Some of the data such as phone numbers or hours of business was outdated.
As I said, it was my first visit. My friends helped me see much more of Oahu than I would have been exposed to had I just followed the book. I don't think I would use this book on a return trip to Hawaii.