2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
on May 21, 2010
I really loved this book! This book is so amazing, i don't know where to start!
You actually learn a LOTS in the book even if its a starting book for ASP.NET.
Actually, ive learned more than expected! This is the first time i buy a WROX book and
i am impressed!
I am a PHP web developper that wanted to learn ASP.NET so i already have a background
in web programming but you do not need to have a background in order to read this book!
It is so easy to read and the information is so interesting that each time you turn a page
you want to learn and know more !
Here, a list of the positive things i found about the book :
- Lots of great examples step by step with a section that explain you the whole process each time.
- Code are written in both C# and VB.NET.
- Very comprehensive writting.
- Very informative even if you are an advanced user in ASP.NET.
- The book cover a nice project which go from a subject to another easily.
- The book refers others book in the WROX collection which is useful if you wanna extend your knowledge later and
i really appreciate this cause sometime you never know where to look at after you've read a book! It refer to others place
if you want to dig into advanced subject later which is really great!
- After you've read the book you know how to make complete website using AJAX and JQUERY along with databases!
- Cover LOTS of subject, even cover AJAX and JQUERY.
Since nothing is perfect, i have only one constructive remark about the book :
- I know that this book is not intended to be a reference book but this still would be interessting
to have some reference section somewhere. This reference section could hold the important informations in a chapter so you
don't have to dig inside each page in order to get some important stuff that have been mentionned. But well this is not really
a problem but that would help from memorizing everything. But since its not a reference book this is not a problem at all!
If you looking to learn ASP.NET 4 and don't know where to start, get this book! Do not look anywhere else.. just GET this book!
I really recommand it !
on October 11, 2012
I enjoyed this book very much however I found that the author having to reference both VB and C# was distracting, even sometimes confusing, and took away from the overall value of the book. I believe it would have been a much better book if it was just written for either C# or VB alone.
In the future this will be something I will take into consideration before I purchase another book.