3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, May 25 2012
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frommer's Kauai (Paperback)
This guidebook has detailed information on lodging, restaurants, beaches, and every imaginable activity the Kauai has to offer. Restaurants and lodging (divided into resort, hotel, condo, B&B, etc.) are helpfully grouped by price and bargains can be found, if one is willing to forgo convenience.

I don't like the font type used in the book; the print is thin and small and hard (for me) to read. The photos are disappointing, too; they're small, too few, and lack the brightness and glossiness that make one sigh and want to pack your bags. The same map is used in every chapter. A listing often appears in several places making it necessary to read every word of the book or miss desired information. (I would have preferred one longer description of each place or activity and then just "See page -" in subsequent chapters.) The author only occasionally gives an opinion as to the worth of a listing and the witty humor that I've found in other Frommer guidebooks is missing.

All in all, it's an adequate guidebook, but neither exciting or inspiring.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, Dec 13 2011
This review is from: Frommer's Kauai (Paperback)
I consider myself intelligent traveler I do read at least 2 to 3 books about places I go.
This book is for stupid people who are easy to manipulate no concept how to explore island
I have feeling this is cheap promotions for selected establishment selected by author.
Book is cheap too not a single color picture no tips how to avoid tourist traps.

My English is far away from being perfect but I think I could do better job it is the worst book for travel I ever read waisted money. I could recommend other books about Kauai better but i would not be fair.

Not good at all

Frommer's Kauai
Frommer's Kauai by Jeanette Foster (Paperback - Feb. 15 2010)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 17.59