4.0 out of 5 stars This book is the Lion/Macbook Pro manual, Oct. 15 2011
Flaw (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MacBook Pro Portable Genius (Paperback)
So i got this book after buying my first macbook pro with lion pre-installed. It is very detailed and pretty much explains everything you can possibly do with your mac without going into unnecessary details and the terminal. I had previous experience with Unix/Linux so i thought Lion OS would be the same and even though it is, the book was handy to have and detailed many shortcuts and alternative ways of doing things on a mac. I would recommend this book to anyone who already has a basic to good working knowledge of computers and operating systems. If this is the first time using a computer or a mac, this is definitely not the right book as it assumes you know many basics already. The author's writing is simple to understand and follow. Some topics could use more explaining and certain others are missing altogether. It would have been nice if the author had included a brief overview of the terminal and some basic commands but the terminal is missing altogether in this book. Overall, well written and highly recommended book but is not for novice or advanced users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Well Spent, Dec 31 2011
Brenda L. Strachan "Newbie Scrapper" (Maple Ridge, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MacBook Pro Portable Genius (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from my local library FIRST. I almost always test drive a non fiction book before buying. There is more in this book in VALUE than can be obtained by just borrowing it from the library. I have it sitting near my computer, which is adjacent to my TV chair. I easily watch TV, work on my laptop and in case, have my trusty copy of the book. There are so many opportunities built into the MAC Book Pro that an amateur like me is just not aware of. I love the layout of the book (efficient use of colour, font sizes, bold print, printouts of actual screen images, chunks of info using repeated headings like GENIUS, NOTE,CAUTION), creating an info packed book that is not intimidating, but user friendly The index is excellent.

Well Done, Portable Genius!!!

ARRAY(0xaac74360)

MacBook Pro Portable Genius
MacBook Pro Portable Genius by Brad Miser (Paperback - Aug. 16 2011)
CDN$ 30.00 CDN$ 24.00