Phil (Greenwich, CO) - See all my reviews
Usually I am very pleased with the quality of Frommer's guide books, but not this time. Some of the information is out-of-date and some is not useful at all. For example, the places to eat and stay it recommends - after visiting Shanghai and exploring the scene first-hand, I was smiling at their suggestions. It seems like they hired a blind gilrscout to spend a couple of hours in the city and then write the whole book about it. Maybe I am not being completely fair, but there is a grain of truth in my words. Luckily I had two guide books with me - the second one being Insight Guide Shanghai, and the latter comes highly recommended. It has plenty of colorful pictures and the information is a bit more useful. So, in conclusion: Frommer did a decent job on this one, but noticeably below their standars, so if you are heading to Shanghai - there are other guides to choose from.

ARRAY(0xb6e3118c)

Frommer's Shanghai
Frommer's Shanghai by Sharon Owyang (Paperback - Nov. 30 2010)
CDN$ 23.99 CDN$ 19.19