5.0 out of 5 stars Every Canadian Real Estate Investor should have it
Published 2 months ago by Nicolas Velasquez

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an acounting book
I bought this book to learn about Canada Real Estate Accounting practice, however not even a chapter is dedicated to how to do real estate accounting.
Published on April 15 2011 by V. Santosa

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Canadian Real Estate Investor should have it, Jan. 30 2015
This review is from: Legal, Tax and Accounting Strategies for the Canadian Real Estate Investor (Hardcover)
I am quite surprised that there aren't more reviews on this book, every Canadian Real Estate investor should have it in his/her bookshelf. In regards to the one star review that almost made me not buy the book I have to say that yes, it is not an accounting book, the review is right about that and it's probably why the book is called "legal, tax and accounting STRATEGIES for the Canadian REAL ESTATE INVESTOR". The book is for investors not accountants, it will give you tax and accounting strategies but it will not tell you how to file the tax forms. Now that we got that out of the way, I have to say that this book is exactly what I've been looking for to organize and improve my real estate business. I would have saved several hundred dollars paid to accountants and lawyers to explain to me the basics of corporate structures and tax planning for real estate investing. I am not saying that you should just follow a book and not seek professional advice, what I am saying is that it makes more sense to have a good understanding of tax and legal issues before you talk to the professionals so you can optimize both your time and your money. Having that initial understanding will also give you the great benefit of knowing if you are talking to the right advisor for you and your business.
The book, in my opinion, is the best out there for Canadian real estate investors, there are plenty good books on real estate investing but they talk mostly apply for investing in the US so when you are looking for tax and legal direction for Canada they are not the best source of knowledge.
On the negative side, the book is dry, really dry. I found it hard to read for more than an hour at a time, but it's definitely the advice you need. I give it 5 stars despite being difficult to read and sometimes difficult to understand because it definitely delivers on it's promise. I have yet to find another book for Canadian real estate investors that is as complete and useful as this one. Get it now and review it often, it will help you structure and grow your real estate business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that is easy to use, Oct. 30 2011
Brian Persaud "Author of Investing in Condomi... (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Finally a book I could use that will help me build my portfolio the right way and give me the ability to understand what my accountant and lawyer are talking about. This book will save me thousands for dollars on legal/tax expenses and save me from a lot of stress later on

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an acounting book, April 15 2011
V. Santosa (Toronto) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product delivered on time !!!, Oct. 10 2014
Quality product delivered on time !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Sept. 8 2014