summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 30, 2015
I am quite surprised that there aren't more reviews on this book, every Canadian Real Estate investor should have it in his/her bookshelf. In regards to the one star review that almost made me not buy the book I have to say that yes, it is not an accounting book, the review is right about that and it's probably why the book is called "legal, tax and accounting STRATEGIES for the Canadian REAL ESTATE INVESTOR". The book is for investors not accountants, it will give you tax and accounting strategies but it will not tell you how to file the tax forms. Now that we got that out of the way, I have to say that this book is exactly what I've been looking for to organize and improve my real estate business. I would have saved several hundred dollars paid to accountants and lawyers to explain to me the basics of corporate structures and tax planning for real estate investing. I am not saying that you should just follow a book and not seek professional advice, what I am saying is that it makes more sense to have a good understanding of tax and legal issues before you talk to the professionals so you can optimize both your time and your money. Having that initial understanding will also give you the great benefit of knowing if you are talking to the right advisor for you and your business.
The book, in my opinion, is the best out there for Canadian real estate investors, there are plenty good books on real estate investing but they talk mostly apply for investing in the US so when you are looking for tax and legal direction for Canada they are not the best source of knowledge.
On the negative side, the book is dry, really dry. I found it hard to read for more than an hour at a time, but it's definitely the advice you need. I give it 5 stars despite being difficult to read and sometimes difficult to understand because it definitely delivers on it's promise. I have yet to find another book for Canadian real estate investors that is as complete and useful as this one. Get it now and review it often, it will help you structure and grow your real estate business.
on August 2, 2015
I picked up this book from a Chapters for $50, which is pricey for such a thin book, but let me tell you, the information in this book is worth every penny. Sure it may seem a bit dry, but that's because it has no fillers in it, it just gets to the point, and explains the points very well. I have little knowledge in real esate laws and business, but I'm having an easy time figuring things out with this book.
This isn't a novel, nor is it meant to be read as one to pass the time by, I tend to sit down with a highlighter and just soak it all in. I highly recommend this book.
on October 30, 2011
Finally a book I could use that will help me build my portfolio the right way and give me the ability to understand what my accountant and lawyer are talking about. This book will save me thousands for dollars on legal/tax expenses and save me from a lot of stress later on
on January 30, 2016
Authors understand the reader and give real UPDATED examples.
Real educational and fast to read
on March 9, 2016
Good for learning the basis of the business.
on January 17, 2016
The book had good condition/Tks
on June 9, 2016
Good.
on October 10, 2014
Quality product delivered on time !!!
on April 15, 2011
I bought this book to learn about Canada Real Estate Accounting practice, however not even a chapter is dedicated to how to do real estate accounting.
on September 8, 2014