Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on February 10, 2014
I would recommend this product to anyone interested in Bookkeeping, The author makes it interesting and fun to learn. Exceptional reading material
on February 3, 2011
Bookkeeping for Canadians is very easy to work with, especially for someone who is not "number oriented". I'm the arts/crafts type. The instructions are very clear, simple to read and understand. I'm hooked on "..........for Dummies" books!
on May 29, 2010
Of course these are only my personal opinion, and your experience may vary.
I've run a small business for 6 years and have a little bit of bookkeeping experience. I bought this book on sale hoping to improve my skills, however it's my opinion that this book was quite a bad choice. I feel that it is poorly written resulting in confusion and frustration. It was hard for me to follow along, and I feel that it uses terms without sufficiently defining them. I also feel as if the authors don't care to impart the foundational knowledge but rather come from the point of view that "that's the way it is" makes for enough explanation of why things are done they way they are. Of course double entry bookkeeping is "standard" and you can't really change the way things are done, but it would be nice to understand better. Further exacerbating the other problems with the book are what look like bad photocopies of pages representing the books. They're VERY difficult to read. I don't know why they didn't use nice neat tables but they chose to given scans of hand written pages with faded lines, fuzzy text and (in my opinion) poor penmanship. Perhaps they just wanted to show doing books by hand, however I don't think the average reader would be unable to connect hand written books with typed examples of what would be in hand written books. Even if that were true showing one page would be sufficient. I only bought it because it was on sale very cheap, in retrospect I should have gotten a different book. Also this book is the same general size as virtually ever other Dummies book, which makes me wonder if perhaps the reason I've been having trouble with it is because it may have been edited to increase or decrease the length which resulted in more difficult to understand content. That's just my experience, you may enjoy the book, however I have not.